cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone have the Emporium credit line?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anyone have the Emporium credit line?

But did it change your credit score?
Message 21 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I have mjc and it was serving it's purpose until they lost the bank that was funding the company. At that point my scores took a serious hit. I'm not sure if they are back reporting. Every time I called they say that they've got a new bank and working on getting things back up in running. It's been 2 months now. If they do its definitely worth it as long as this doesn't occur again.

I have another post that talks about MJC (http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Results-from-anyone-who-has-used-My-Jewelers-Club/td-p/4817335/page/6) and many people there are saying that they are reporting on their credit reports.

I had not heard about any issues with their bank but was on the verge of signing up. Now I'm going to have to do more research and make a decision.

Message 22 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@nolamike wrote:

TX,

Thanks for answering.

It seems odd that your Emporium account is not showing yet. hmm. strange.

Sounds like the MJC card is a good choice even if it does have the "fees" etc.

Will you post if your report finaly pops up with the emporium information? it can help others make the right choice and know what to expect.

Thanks

Mike

I did make a purchase over a month ago now, a small one, under $30 I believe. I received an e-mail not too long ago stating they were still 'processing my order' and were behind in their shipping due to the holidays. So I'm waiting to see what comes of that. Nothing has been charged to my account yet. 

Everything I researched outside of the forums here only concludes that this delayed type of processing is the "norm" for them. 

Once I see something come across my credit reports, I will update everyone. There was no hard pull when I was approved for the line, and nothing is on any report just yet. 

Same thing happened with me. I was approved for 2k...made a purchase...they said 7-10 days...then said it was delayed...5-7 days...I called the other day and they are now saying 7-10 days?!?!? It hasn't appeared on my credit yet but I'm wonder if I should just forget this. The jewelry club thing has yet to report on my report either and I've received my merchandise. ?!?
Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.