Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone heard of WilliamPaid.com?

tag
Trish
Established Member

Anyone heard of WilliamPaid.com?

What I'm reading about it is that you make your rent payments to them - they forward it to the landlord and in return they report your rent payments to the credit agencies to help boost your credit score (or hurt it if you miss a payment or make one late)

I'm wondering if anyone has experience with this sort of thing, if it really improves your credit.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Anyone heard of WilliamPaid.com?

There is a mention of this service in this recent thread, skip towards the end past the rantings:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Can-apartment-rent-in-California-be-paid-with-credit-ca...

FICO ignores rental account tradelines, so any service that reports these won't have any impact on your FICO credit scores.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I would NEVER forward my rent to a third party, and make them the responsible party for timely payment, regardless of any credit reporting issues.

Fraught with peril......

Message 3 of 4
JohnPTEX
Frequent Contributor

@RobertEG wrote:

I would NEVER forward my rent to a third party, and make them the responsible party for timely payment, regardless of any credit reporting issues.

Fraught with peril......

+Million!

Starting Score: TU:619 (02/24/2012) - EQ:629 (02/24/2012)
Current Score: TU:632 (06/21/2012) - EQ:672 (06/21/2012)
Goal Score: 740

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.