cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone know how long Verizon keeps records?

tag
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Anyone know how long Verizon keeps records?

Verizon isnt moving on my 3 year old charge off account (I tried for PFD and they refused, finally just PIF and been trying to GW).  I know a lot of OC's only keep original records for 5 years (the traditional SOL for many states).  Has anyone had any luck disputing Verizon at the 5 year point with them not being able to verify?  Im hoping I dont have to stare at this baddie for another 4 years Smiley Sad

Duncan

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anyone know how long Verizon keeps records?

I'm in the exact same boat.  I have a co from 3 years ago and I just disputed(I said I wasn't aware of the darn 30 dollar debt) and they validated the debt and wouldn't budge.  Woof.  I'd say its obviously more than 3 years

Message 2 of 7
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Yes.  I believe the range in which they keep records is at least 3 years and possible as long as until judgment day.  Smiley Happy

Last time I talked to the guy I told them that their decision to not remove a $109 CO is costing their company in excess of $15,000.  I have 3 iPhones on family plan and I pay the bill for it.  The phones go on the plan I choose and I wanted to switch back to Verizon (they originally didnt offer iPhone) but I would not if they still had this charge off on CR.  I pay about $240 per month for this plan.  $240x12(number of months/year)x4.5(number of years this baddie will be on record) and you get about $13,000.  When you factor in likely increases in my plans costs over that time period it will be over $15,000.

In addition to that, I informed them that I would actively encourage everyone I know to select another provider other than Verizon and that my office will never use it (we have over 50 attorneys in my firm).   I just sent them a letter basically worded as above.

Lets see how this one works Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

What would be the inaccuracy in reporting that would require them to conduct an investigation?

Disputes lacking the identification of a specific inaccuracy or providing sufficent information to enable them to investigate can be dismissed without any investigation as "frivolous or irrelevant."  16 CFR 660.4(f)(i)

Message 4 of 7
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Oh yea of little faith.  I guarantee that I can find sufficient legal reasons to merit an investigation and those reasons would not be fictitious.  Never use all your ammo in your initial attempt Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 7
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

In my experience the stick is always more effective than the carrot when you are dealing with collections or CAs.
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 6 of 7
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

You are right, Pizza. I'll post my lovely letter I sent to Executive Relations tomorrow. I actually enjoyed hitting the send button on it.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.