cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone know the answer?

tag
Tallfish0919

Anyone know the answer?

Ok so I got an old collection deleted off my CR today! Which I'm happy about. The ? I have is will the original CA be deleted as well? They are CO paid.
Started - 02/15/2014
Experian- 594
TransUnion- 568
Equifax- 594

Current -
Experian- 606
TransUnion- 606
Equifax- 580

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Anyone know the answer?

@Tallfish0919 wrote:
Ok so I got an old collection deleted off my CR today! Which I'm happy about. The ? I have is will the original CA be deleted as well? They are CO paid.

If you are asking if an original account is automatically removed when a collection account for the same debt is removed, then the answer is no ~ the CA and OC report independently of each other.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Predecessor reporting is not required to be deleted based on the later reporting of another.  Each stands upon its own accuracy.

That includes either OC or debt collector reporting.

Often, a debt collector, upon termination of their collection authority, will delete their reporting, if for no other reason than to remove themselves from any potential FCRA disputes, but is not compelled to do so.

Message 3 of 4
Tallfish0919

alright thanks, guess im gonna have to find a way with the original creditor to get it removed.

Started - 02/15/2014
Experian- 594
TransUnion- 568
Equifax- 594

Current -
Experian- 606
TransUnion- 606
Equifax- 580

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.