Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone know what this could be?

tag
Kirmie2010
Established Contributor

Anyone know what this could be?

I got my cap one platinum and made an account, applied for the other cap one one card got it but not in the mail yet.  I went to link accounts online, i see my card, the new one i did not receive yet and this

VISA PLATINUM ....9402 The account you are trying to link is currently restricted. To check your balance or make payments on this account, please visit www.capitalone.com/solutions or call 1-800-258-9319. (Ref. No. 1**.8487)

is it possible they have my charged off account from eight or nine years ago? its been in collections forever and may be one of my judgements.  (bad time to start working on credit memorial day weekend)  I dont have the card so cant use the 800 number i tried.  sorry for grammar and text color on my tablet.

*edit*

I do have a judgement from capital one for 1300 dollars but so far am unable to find out if its from the 9402 account or a different one.  I am half worried when I call about the "restricted" account they will cancel my others if I have a collection with them.  On the other hand maybe they will be able to pull it out if its collections and not a judgement so I can installment pay them on it.

*another edit*

after reading online for 2 hours it seems I have to call to find anything out, everyones experiences with their account being restricted were different.  Most likely its an old account, not the one that is a judgement or it should not be there.  Have to wait till Tuesday to get it all figured.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anyone know what this could be?

I just saw this message on my new Capital One account, too. And Like you, I also have an old Cap1 account in collections. Did you ever find out what this message is about? I'm scared to call the number. I hope I haven't reactivated the old account by applying for the new one.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

My geuss would be that the account is restricted because its brand new and has not been 'activated' yet, since the OP said they had not received the card yet.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

The OP appears to be talking about a "third" card that was not applied for. I am also seeing a third card with same exact message accompanying it. And like the OP, I also had a charged off account in the past and fear that they are trying to resurrect it.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, you're right - I misread his message.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.