Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone know?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone know?

Few weeks back I had some great help here. So I'm back again. Recently I had a utility bill collection removed off one of the CRA which was equafax and it gave me 5 points even tho it was old 2011. Now here's the part I don't understand. Maybe I just don't know how to read a dispute final determination report. . It says the account has been verified that I'm the owner. But I've gotten alerts from 3 different credit accounts I have including equafax. And indeed the utility collection is gone. Am I missing something here? Anyone can help?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anyone know?

On what grounds did you dispute it in the first place?

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

No final bill. Amount wrong. Wrong date of delinquency. And equafax and the other 2 CRA had different collection company name.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

It can take up to 30 days after the dispute investigation for all the proper inforation to show up so I would wait 30 days check again and if it is gone then your pretty lucky.

Message 4 of 6
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

It might be sold or transferred to another collection agency. It could reappear at any point until 7.5 years after the DoFD.
Message 5 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If you received a Notice of Results of REinvestigation that verifies the accuracy of the reporting, that is the formal conclusion of your dispute, and a finding that the CRA is not deleting based on lack of verification of accuracy.

The significance is that the FCRA imposes restrictions on any party wishing to reinsert information that was formally deleted by the finding of a prior dispute.

See FCRA 611(a)(5)(B) for resinsertion restrictions after the finding in a dispute.

The receipt of a Notice of Results that verifies the accuracy removes any such future reinsertion restrictions.

A debt collector can decide to voluntarily delete their reporting at any time, including after a dispute.

They may have sold the debt, had their collection authority terminated, or simply decided to simplify their reporting.

Any future reinsertion by themselves or by another debt collection is not therafter subject to the reinsertion restrictions of FCRA 611(a)(5)(B).

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.