Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone successfully Goodwill AmEx?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone successfully Goodwill AmEx?

Has anyone had any Goodwill success with American Express?

i sent them a GW letter to there TX mailing address and received a generic response about the dispute denied because it wasn't there error yet I'm asking for a GE adjustment... It's only for 1 late mark.

Have suggestions for me? Maybe whom to address it to? How to send it or put on it..

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anyone successfully Goodwill AmEx?

American Express does not do goodwill reageing of accounts for FCRA compliance reasons. It is a huge no-no at AXP that will find someone terminated when the notification is sent to that person's manager. As the letter stated, it's only done for one of a few reasons which the agent must select -- all of which would have to indicate AMEX Error.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

...and if that's the reason you were asking for ECT's contact information, they are bound by the same policies.
Message 3 of 6
pip3man
Valued Contributor

I know AMEX had voluntarily removed a charged off account with a small balance from my report few years ago. During that period, I think I may have also written them a goodwill letter but I can't remember exactly how it all went down. This was roughly 5 years ago....

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous

I moved this thread to the Rebuilding Credit which deals with your question.  I am also deleting your second post that you made here.  Please do not cross post in separate forums as this is confusing to other posters trying to assist you and is is against forum rules. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I decided to speak with CS again and they removed the late mark since I didn't receive statement.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.