cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone used Hyatt Legal Plan or other prepaid legal services?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone used Hyatt Legal Plan or other prepaid legal services?

Through work, I have access to Hyatt Legal Plans, which covers lawyer fees for debt collection defense. Per the website, this is what it covers:

Debt Collection Defense
This service provides Participants with an attorney's services for negotiation with creditors for a repayment schedule and to limit creditor harassment, and representation in defense of any action for personal debt collection, tax agency debt collection, foreclosure, repossession or garnishment, up to and including trial if necessary. It includes a motion to vacate a default judgment. It does not include counter, cross or third party claims; bankruptcy; any action arising out of family law matters, including support and post-decree issues; or any matter where the creditor is affiliated with the Plan Member's Sponsor or Employer.

Anyone used them before, or used any sort of prepaid legal services in their rebuilding journey? I'm thinking about contacting one of the lawyers on the plan, giving him all my info and credit reports, and seeing if he can take over the GW and PFD campaigns. Unless I'm mistaken, that would all be covered under the plan, so I wouldn't owe anything to have that done. 

Anyone know if having a lawyer send GWs and PFDs would tend to carry more weight than an individual, or would it be viewed as escalating the issue?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Re: Anyone used Hyatt Legal Plan or other prepaid legal services?

Used them for my bk only paid court fees
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.