Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone w/Americollect Experience?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone w/Americollect Experience?

We're in the process of getting an FHA loan.  Our loan is through UW, but is suspended until we pay off all collections.  Our mid scores are in the 630s, and our lender requires 620; so we don't really have much wiggle room with our scores, and they are going to pull again once we get things paid off.  Therefore, we really need to get some items deleted, otherwise the activity created by paying off collections will most likely drop our scores below that 620 mark.

All of our collections are medical except 1, and almost all of them are through Americollect.  Has anyone had experience doing a PFD with Americollect?  Also, there are a couple accounts that I believe are duplicates.  Does anyone know if they will do a PFD for less than the full balance?  I've actually started the HIPAA process with these collections, but now I'm in a time crunch and I don't have the time to go through all of that, so I just need them deleted ASAP if possible.  If anyone has any advice on dealing with Americollect, I would greatly appreciate it!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
casmith1980
Established Contributor

Re: Anyone w/Americollect Experience?

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Pre-Hippa-to-TU-worked/m-p/513225#M67589

I found this on the forums...hope it helps.  I personnaly don't have any experience with Americollect but I do wish you best of luck getting those off in time!!!

Filed BK 12/5/14
341 meeting 1/9/15
Anticipated discharge 3/10/15

Goal: 700 by 3/2017
Message 2 of 4
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Two bits of advice:

1.  You can make it a condition of closing that you pay the collections off out of your escrow funds so you don't have to worry about any possible negative score effects.

2.  I paid off 9 collections and I only lost 1 point.  The date of last activity doesn't affect the score, it's the date of first delinquency that affects the score.  I also believe I would never have lost that ONE point if I had not have disputed the accounts (with the cra's) to show as paid.

Good Luck - talk to your LO about #1 - I think it is your safest choice.

Boone

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks to you both!  I sent a PFD e-mail to Americollect, so we'll see how that goes.  If I don't have any luck there though, I think I will talk to our LO about how they can be paid.  Didn't think of that before, thanks Booner!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.