Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone want to share their results?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone want to share their results?

I wanted to ask anyone out there that has a CO/Collections that is two years old or older and is still reporting on the CR? If so, were you guys able to get your score's past the 640 fico mark? Assuming everything else is all good in the CR.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

Re: Anyone want to share their results?

I have COs from a few years back.  All of my COs and collections were paid, which I had to do to keep my job.  I was able to get the paid collections removed, but still have COs.  GW didn't work and disputes often exacerbated my FICO.  And so I have decided to just leave the COs alone and work on new credit.  This method has been successful for me in that I have been able to obtain the cards that I want and have limits that don't require multiple monthly payments.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for sharing. I have two CO that's almost paid off, with everything else looking fairly good. Utilization is down to 22%, made on time payments for the last 19 months but have struggled to get my scores up past 640. It seems that people posting around here are already up to 660+ in a matter of months to a year...

Message 3 of 5
chryanna
New Contributor

Yep. Maybe it's something else? With two COs (one from late 2009, one late 2010) a 120 day late on a student loan and two thirty day lates from 2008-2009, I've been able to get to 680-700 with all three bureaus. Utilization seems like a pretty big deal. I bet if you get yours below 10%, you'd see a pretty significant bump.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I was wondering if that would work. Or maybe it's because I had 5 CO and one 30day late on my mortgage 18 months ago? Or does having several more negative indicators vs. just one or two really matter? As of 8-1-2012 640 EX, 628 EQ, 589 TU all lender pulled...

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.