cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone who had SUCCESS with Capital One GW - READ ME :-)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone who had SUCCESS with Capital One GW - READ ME :-)

I have a CO with CapOne from early 2013 ... for $250!!  Was a rough period for me, obvioulsy.  Since then, my scores have gone from 500 --> 650+!  This is my last BIG BADDIE (a few 30 day lates over a year old remain), and this would majorly boom my score! 

I now have 2 QS1 cards with them @ $1500 & $600 limits, in flawless standing.  I tried the EO Route once -- no go, even asked for a manager.  They "researched" but said they never do GW -- I know this is not true as Ive seen people with success here!  I also faxed a GW Letter last week and certitifed mailed one to the address on my CR, ATTN:  Credit Bureau Dept / GW Dept.  We shall see!  

What are your success stories?  What exactly did you say, who did you talk to ?  Any person specifically?  Address a letter to CFO instead of CEO ?  I'm not referring to people with GW for late removals, but CHARGE OFFS mainly here... I have a CO, almost 3 years old.   My AAofA is 6.5 years, 13 yrs oldest account ... Scores 650+ FICO, credit UTIL 30% and going down monthly... NO COLLECTIONS, NO PUBLIC RECORDS, NO 60 day lates ... THIS. IS. IT!!!  Smiley Very Happy

I would really appreciate any guidance here.  I plan on GWing them weekly if my fax and letter do not work, address it to a new area each time if I must :-)  Thank you in advance credit warriors!  One more beast to conquer, and then (hopefully) 700 club!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

Re: Anyone who had SUCCESS with Capital One GW - READ ME :-)

Did you pay the chargeoff?  If yes, I would just keep at them.  The CFO is not the person, though.  She worries about their stock price and quarterly profit and loss statements.

If you did not pay them, you probably have less than a snowball's chance ... but if you paid them off, you have a snowball's chance.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I paid PRA after they closed and barged it off. So I'm assuming that means no shot lol. I will still try as I have accounts with them now in excellent standing. I mean at 3 years old the sting is starting to diminish anyway and it was A very small CO. most creditors don't even mention it on manual review.

But I still shall try ! If not CFO, whom
Message 3 of 5
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I paid PRA after they closed and barged it off. So I'm assuming that means no shot lol. I will still try as I have accounts with them now in excellent standing. I mean at 3 years old the sting is starting to diminish anyway and it was A very small CO. most creditors don't even mention it on manual review.

But I still shall try ! If not CFO, whom

Well you paid it so that's good.  And you are right, it's a small amount and getting old now.

I would use LinkedIn and enter Capital One and search for names of people in the various lending departments -- like EVP or SVP of lending and people like that.

You can also try social media.

You really have little to lose but some of your time for trying it.  I would write up a letter and send it off once a week or once a month, changing it slightly.  I would send an email, a letter and make a phone call each week/month, depending on the schedule you want to set up.

If you get no action, you can set it aside for a year and come back to it.  Companies do change policies over time.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good idea. I'll try Facebook and LinkedIn tomorrow
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.