cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone with WF GW success, please speak!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone with WF GW success, please speak!

I post one of these threads every few months as I've been trying since February to achieve a GW adjustment to a 90 day late payment on a Wells Fargo Financial credit card account.  Has anyone out there found any GW success with WF?  They seem to be one of the toughest nuts to crack, without question.  I'm over 60 GW letters in on them and have not had a favorable result yet.

Around 35-38 letters sent I received a response saying that they would not respond to any future requests for GW on the account, and it seems that they stayed true to this as my next 26 letters did not yield a single response yet.  It's been a while since I've sent them emails, so I'll go down that route again.  I think they have it flagged on the account at this point that basically says "don't respond if customer is requesting GW" or something.

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anyone with WF GW success, please speak!

I would send 3 tops but that's just me.

Maybe it's just not what you want to hear but they don't have to remove it and you'll more than likely have to wait the 7 years. A 90 day is pretty serious to banks and CRA's if it was a 30 they might consider it.
Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I appreciate you taking the time to respond, but honestly I'm only looking to hear from anyone that's had WF GW success.  Your opinions on GW adjustments will differ immensely from mine as I've achieved adjustments from sending 30+ letters in the past (wouldn't have been successful with "3 tops") and I've removed multiple serious late payments using my methods.  I'm looking to pick the brains of those that have specifically had success with Wells Fargo.

Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay Good Luck OP, I did say "but that's just me", indicating that others may have their own methods.
Message 4 of 19
Teo
Valued Member

@Anonymous wrote:

I received a response saying that they would not respond to any future requests for GW on the account, and it seems that they stayed true to this as my next 26 letters did not yield a single response yet. 

I know you didn't ask for it, but my advice is to invest the energy you're spending on WF into something that isn't a waste, like pumping up your current credit which, the more time that goes by will weigh more and more heavily on your scores.  Because - see above quote.    

Current FICO 743, no baddies
April '16 550 4 collections

Current credit and limits (in order of approval)
Discover It (Unsecured at 6 mos) 4.6k -- Cap 1 Quicksilver One (900) -- Overstock (3800) -- NFCU Cash Rewards (25k) -- Share Secured Installment (500 - paid down to 40ish) -- Amex PRG (NPSL) -- Amex BCP (25k) -- Amex EDP (15k) -- Citi Advantage (10k)
Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

First of all it's not a lot of time, about 30 minutes per month and second it's definitely not a waste.  Synchrony Bank also sent me letters nearly identical to the ones WF sent me saying that they would not respond to my future letters/requests, and one more Round of GW letters later they wiped clean my report of all of the late payments on it.  Had I "given up" when they said they wouldn't respond any longer, I'd still have that negative account holding back my scores.  My current credit doesn't need any "pumping up" as you put it, my reports are fine outside of two late payments.

Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Brutal, you and I are in the same boat when it comes to needing some help from WF (mine's a bit harsher that I'm trying to get them to remove) and I as well would like to see some hope.  There's very few examples across an entire google search for such a rare event as goodwill from them.

I am convinced it's not an impossibility based on the fact that they did something (not sure what) to my credit report last week, and I did get a response though not in my favor, that said it could not happen "at this time".  That tells me that there is a way it can happen, I just fear that you and I are not going to be eligible for that to be an option.

Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree that it's extremely rare to find examples of WF GW.  I will remain hopeful however, and fully intend to report success back here one day to inspire others now and and in the future that desire WF GW.

The very few examples I've read about of WF doing adjustments were because of incorrect information being reported, so in essence it wasn't really "goodwill" but rather making good on their own mistake(s). 

My example is pretty ridiculous.  My 90 day late payment was for $2.93.  Literally less than 3 bucks is what's dropped my scores over 50 points for the past nearly 2 years. 

My minimum monthly payment was $54 on my WF account, and when the balance was down to a few hundred bucks I paid $230 one month thinking I was paying it off.  Somehow I shorted the last payment by $2.93, completely my fault, by come on now... it's $2.93.  Months later I opened a letter from them saying I owed that insignificant amount, so obviously I paid it right away.  Damage already done, 90 days late reported.  This was before I ever monitored my reports or anything, otherwise I certainly would have caught it at 30 days which would have stung a lot less.

Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Signs of life on my quest exist.  I just pulled my scores again tonight (last pulled them a week ago) and the 90 day late payment on my WF account is gone from EQ, but still exists on EX and TU.  I'm not sure if this is a mistake on EQ, or if possibly EX and TU are to follow in the next few days/week... I will keep everyone posted!

FYI, having the 90 day late removed from the one bureau resulted in that score increasing by exactly 30 points.

Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP, I know you just wanted to hear from those that had success with WF GW, but I was wondering, have you tried going into a branch and discussing the matter face to face? Given their recent negatives in the news, they may be more *apt* to work with you.

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.