cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone with WF GW success, please speak!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anyone with WF GW success, please speak!

It's funny you mention that.  That thought actually did cross my mind about a week ago.  I actually am looking to open a savings account for my 4 year old son and considered WF for that account as it would give me another "in" and positive account with them, and while considering that I did think that based on all of the account BS going on with them that they may be more willing to work with me.  I was thinking at the time of potentially opening a savings account I'd bring up my past account with a late payment and see what could be done.  I haven't gone into my local branch yet, but it's something I've been thinking about doing for sure.

Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually I had the opposite thought.  With all the scrutiny they are facing right now I'm afraid they are less likely to extend goodwill and have a more "by-the-book" response, since they really aren't supposed to delete accurate information in the first place.

Very glad to hear some hope for success, BBS, let's hope the others are just slow to update and it really is fixed.  My second round went out this week, so fingers crossed... though my mortgage finally posted yesterday so there goes a little bit of the leverage I was trying to use...

Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

CK update is tomorrow morning so I'll be able to check TU again to see if anything changed.  Hoping for the other 2B to follow suit with the first!

Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you want to check TU more frequently you can use Wallet Hub they are free and give updates daily.  Only thing is they update first thing in the morning so it can look like they're a day behind if you compare them to CK or something but they're great for mid-week checks on those kinds of things.

Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sweet, good info, thanks for that.

Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Received a letter from WF today that they have sent a request to the 3B to remove the negative info from my account.  Finally the Saturation Technique has yielded results with what seemed to be the toughest nut for me to crack!

Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your success!!!

I just got my first reply from Round 2 yesterday (must be from the faxes) a different form denial letter saying they were reporting it correctly and company policy will not allow them to change it blablabla.... suggested I put my GW sob story in comments section of my credit report.  Not sure that would be a good idea.  But I'll keep on plugging away, your success gives lots of hope.  Thanks for that.

Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Absolutely.  Yeah I've been given the advice of adding comments, but I just think they are more of an eyesore than anything else and your score still is what it is.

I'm actually going to go back through all of my WF denial letters on my next day off because the name on the approval letter sounds familiar; I think the person that finally granted me the GW adjustment may be someone that denied it months back.  If that's the case, it's good to know that in time you can break an individual Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

This was on the automotive side but even having proof I paid before it hit the 30 day bucket (to the dealer, they did not sent to WF till after), multiple disputes and talking to the president's office, they said absolutely not.

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.