cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone with recent experience with Stellar Recovery?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone with recent experience with Stellar Recovery?

My husband's last baddie that needs to be paid is an old Comcast bill (2013) that's with Stellar Recovery.  It looks like from the removed collection section of CK this is the 2nd or 3rd CA to have the debt.  The amount is $910.  Does anyone have any recent experience with them?  I am going to attempt to PFD but then again maybe calling Comcast and asking them to recall the debt and pay directly through them is the better option.  

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
crazycatlady1975
Established Member

Re: Anyone with recent experience with Stellar Recovery?

Following...I was just searching for this same advice. Ours is a little one for $244. I want to PFD it, but didn't know if that was better done by phone or mail?
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

My husband's last baddie that needs to be paid is an old Comcast bill (2013) that's with Stellar Recovery.  It looks like from the removed collection section of CK this is the 2nd or 3rd CA to have the debt.  The amount is $910.  Does anyone have any recent experience with them?  I am going to attempt to PFD but then again maybe calling Comcast and asking them to recall the debt and pay directly through them is the better option.  

how long has Stellar had the account?

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a collection for Dish with Stellar a few months ago. I was able to pay Dish and then Stellar removed from all CRAS within 24 hours.
Message 4 of 8
aldex
Valued Member

I had a bill that I paid directly to Comcast. After I paid it, I sent an email to Stellar. They removed it within 30 days. 

Message 5 of 8
Kikimin
New Contributor

I sent Stellar Recovery a dispute letter two weeks ago to verify balance.  Balance was for unreturned equipment for comcast that was in fact returned.  Have not received any communication back but updated my credit reports this morning and the account is off EX and EQ still lingering with TU.  I have read here that if you pay the account with comcast directly they will pull it from Stellar but would verify that with Comcast.  Good Luck!!

My FICO8 as of 4/1/16 EQ: 544 TU: 586 EX: 599
Starting FICO8 3/11/16 EQ:539 TU:593 EX:580
Message 6 of 8
baller4life
Super Contributor

I sent Stellar a dv letter, they removed collections. I paid Comcast directly before they sent it to another CA. Case closed! Smiley Tongue
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I ended up sending Stellar a DV letter.  They should have received it yesterday.  I still haven't received any communication with them and they placed it on his reports in Jan.  I'll see how this goes before moving on to another step.  

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.