cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anything to do about Unique National Collections??

tag
goodygoody
Regular Contributor

Anything to do about Unique National Collections??

Hi there. Checking my husband's CR today, and he has one collection from Unique National Collections from library fines around $100 (for materials he is pretty sure he returned before we moved, but ah well), from 2008.  I've looked into this agency, and apparently they don't actually accept payment - you have to pay the library itself.  Also, if you pay the library, UNC almost never removes a debt from a CR (though they reportedly remove after a year instead of 7). 

Anyone know, since we have to pay the library, can we ask for PFD from them, or will it be invalid unless it's directly with UNC (though they don't take payments)??  Confusing situation. 

Thanks!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
tsally862
Valued Member

Re: Anything to do about Unique National Collections??

They also reported me Smiley Mad This website might help you a bit http://collectionagencydebt.blogspot.com/2010/08/unique-national-collections.html 

Starting Score: EQ 606 TU 575 March 12th, 2012
Current Score: EX 639 EQ 618 TU 649
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 6
Booner72
Senior Contributor

They won't accept PFD.  Yes pay library and they notify Unique.  After 1 year, they remove.  GW for early removal.

That is what I have researched here.  When I paid it updated to zero on TU and no score change.

However, recently read another post and when they updated his TU to paid, they also updated his EX!!!!!!!!!

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 3 of 6
goodygoody
Regular Contributor

So to be clear, we can't ask the library for PFD because UNC has the debt?

Message 4 of 6
Booner72
Senior Contributor

The library has the debt.  The library will take payment. Whether the library asks or not, Unique will not delete until 1 year.

Though of course, YMMV!

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 5 of 6
goodygoody
Regular Contributor

Right, I understand that bit, but what I'm wondering is whether it's worth asking the library itself for a PFD?  In other words, are they even able to offer that since they have given the debt to UNC? 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.