cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyway to get a medical collection temporarily removed while trying to track down paperwork?

tag
njames33
New Contributor

Anyway to get a medical collection temporarily removed while trying to track down paperwork?

I have a $910 medical collection from an emergency room visit in 2011 reporting on my report. Tried disputing and was verified and put back on. Contacted the hospital because I thought this was covered under a financial assistance program I was approved for at the time and they say they can't find the account. Gave them all the information again so they can double check and they are telling me its a 5-7 day response time. I'm trying to apply for a credit card and an autoloan asap.. is there anyway to get this taken off quickly while I'm waiting for them to respond and we try and track down the paperwork?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anyway to get a medical collection temporarily removed while trying to track down paperwork?

Unfortunately since it was verified, no.

If the hospital can't find your account, though, you have a very, very good shot at getting it deleted, as there's no proof you incurred the debt.

Also, google WhyChat's HIPAA process.

Good luck!

Message 2 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Anyway to get a medical collection temporarily removed while trying to track down paperwork?

The CRAs have a new policy of not including medical debt in credit reports until it has reached at least 180 days from delinquency.

However, that would not apply to a debt from 2011.

The quickest way to obtain deletion would be to contact the debt collector and offer a pay for deletion.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, no easy way around this.
Sorry that it seems you are in a situation that should have been taken care of long ago since you thought it was covered. I hope you get it all worked out
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.