Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apartment Collection

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Apartment Collection

I really need some advice for this. I haven't done anything with this yet. I signed a lease that had an employment transfer clause. I transfered from fort worth, tx to cincinnati, oh for work. They did not honor this in the lease. Now its on my credit files. Collection agency [?] Natlcrsys Original balance [?] $4,139 Current balance [?] $4,139 Status [?] Not Reported Date assigned [?] Jan 10, 2007 Date reported [?] Mar 20, 2008 Date last active [?] Not Reported Date paid [?] Not Reported Date closed [?] Dec 14, 2007 Original lender [?] 09 Barrington Beach Street Ho Account number [?] XXXxxx Type of account [?] Not Reported Account holder [?] Individual Type of credit [?] Not Reported Payment status [?] Not Reported Largest past balance [?] Not Reported Amount past due [?] Not Reported Account descriptions [?] Not Reported What do I do? Thank you so much!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Apartment Collection

osudelt69 wrote:
I really need some advice for this. I haven't done anything with this yet. I signed a lease that had an employment transfer clause. I transfered from fort worth, tx to cincinnati, oh for work. They did not honor this in the lease. Now its on my credit files. Collection agency [?] Natlcrsys Original balance [?] $4,139 Current balance [?] $4,139 Status [?] Not Reported Date assigned [?] Jan 10, 2007 Date reported [?] Mar 20, 2008 Date last active [?] Not Reported Date paid [?] Not Reported Date closed [?] Dec 14, 2007 Original lender [?] 09 Barrington Beach Street Ho Account number [?] XXXxxx Type of account [?] Not Reported Account holder [?] Individual Type of credit [?] Not Reported Payment status [?] Not Reported Largest past balance [?] Not Reported Amount past due [?] Not Reported Account descriptions [?] Not Reported What do I do? Thank you so much!

Do you have a copy of the lease?

Did you follow the steps the lease states you should follow in order to break it due to the employment transfer?

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

No and No. I was suffering from an undiagnosed mental illness at the time. I did not take care of much of anything. I have asked for a copy of the lease from the CA they did not comply
Message 3 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

osudelt69 wrote:

You have two different issues going on here. First, you should figure out whether or not you are liable for the balance due. Each state has their own landlord-tenant laws. You may want to talk to an attorney.

Per the CA, DV them first. If you indeed owe, and they validate to your liking, then offer a PFD. But again, see an attorney first. You are within SOL, likely, but if served, be sure to answer any summons and go to court to fight it.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is very embarrashing to admit but the truth.
Message 5 of 6
almost_there
Regular Contributor

No need to be embarrassed.  Life happens to all of us. 
11/2013 FICO: 517 (TU), 560 (EX), 539 (EQ)
11/2013 FAKO: 593 (TU), 591 (EX), 595 (EQ)
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.