cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apex Asset Management, Inc. - Outstanding Bill from 2003 - Not on Credit Reports

tag
cl5776
New Contributor

Apex Asset Management, Inc. - Outstanding Bill from 2003 - Not on Credit Reports

I contacted Apex Asset Management to make a $65 payment on an outstanding bill that was on all three of my credit reports. Before I gave my payment information, I asked the representative to confirm the total amount due and she told me $253.

I was shocked and asked why is that possible when I had a bill in my hand for $65 and all of my credit reports show only a $65 bill. She told me that $188 was from another issue from 2003. From the conversation we had, I have a feeling that this was from an emergency trip to the hospital for my former girlfriend.

My issue is that she kept badgering me to make a payment or to schedule a payment on this charge. I told her that I was not in a position to discuss anything about this charge without having any documentation. I asked her to send me all the documentation that she could and then I could make a better decision at that time.

She also said that this would now appear on my credit reports. I now have a payment letter noting that $188 is still outstanding. Here are my questions:

- Does Apex Asset Management have the right to put this on any of my credit reports now?

- Will this $188 charge adversely affect my credit score?

- Should I wait to see this entry on my credit reports before I pay it?

- If yes, should I send a Pay for Delete letter to see if they will take the entry off of the reports?

-  If no, should I get anything in writing from Apex Asset Management stating that my account is cleared?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Apex Asset Management, Inc. - Outstanding Bill from 2003 - Not on Credit Reports

Send a DV now and then a PFD if they verify. Never talk to a CA. Their word is never their bond.

Apex can put it on your reports anytime within the 7 yr CRTP.

The damage to your CR will vary based on if you have other baddies, the age of the CA, and how it is reporting.
Message 3 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
cl5776
New Contributor

Re: Apex Asset Management, Inc. - Outstanding Bill from 2003 - Not on Credit Reports

bump
Message 2 of 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Send a DV now and then a PFD if they verify. Never talk to a CA. Their word is never their bond.

Apex can put it on your reports anytime within the 7 yr CRTP.

The damage to your CR will vary based on if you have other baddies, the age of the CA, and how it is reporting.
Message 3 of 4
cl5776
New Contributor

Hi llecs. Your response, plus the information I received in one of my other threads: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=rebuildingcredit&thread.id=49201 will serve me very well. Thank you.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.