oldest account 15.5 yrs

AAoA 5 yrs

income 40k-45k

3 years at employer

3 years at residence

HP's

EX 1

EQ 3 (1 auto) (1 in last 6 months)

TU 7 (2 auto's 1 CU) (4 in last 6 months)

closed accounts...

2 auto loans 11k, 17k, all paid as agreed 3 yrs each and PIF

4 joint CC's 4k to 6.5k all paid as agreed 3 years each (PIF and SD'd, closed for non-use in 2006-2007)

8 year span with 0 activity on all CR's while overseas, i pulled my CR's 7 months ago

open accounts for 6 months...

on the date of the spree, these balances will be...

barclay rewards 0% $500 (might get auto CLI next month)

chase amazon 0% 1k (auto cli at 2 months)

walmart SC 0% 2.5k (auto cli at 4 months)

lowes 9% 5k (auto cli at 4 months)

SFCU share secured installment loan 70% 1k

i'm running 90% thru these cards and PIF unless 0% promo ( i use them as charge cards)

2 baddies...

open FED tax lien 2010 (paying my !%$ off) will try "fresh start" in april or may 2015'

paid collection/chargeoff (underpaid by employer for child support garnishment $10 bi-weekly) paid it off $210 6 months ago

(this is the item im disputing, child support)

pre-qual approvals...

chase freedom $125 after spend and AU (showed up last week)

chase slate  0% APR 15 months (showed up last week)

amex green (all amex showed up last month)

amex gold 15k MR's

amex PRG 50k MR's (win or lose, i have to try, they put out the great offer)

USAA MC  15% APR (showed up last month)

I'm hoping if i can ditch the paid collection, i can try to explain the lien if RECON is needed.

i am apping for...

freedom,  i think 90% chance of approval probably recon but good shot 

USAA mc , i think 70% chance of approval more like 60/40 your way 

AMEX PRG i think 40% chance of approval mcuh higher than you think 

so should i just APP? or dispute and APP?

any denials won't break my heart.  i'm happy either way.  :]  but it would be nice to catch one of those "fluke PRG approvals" going around

scores should be..

TU 700

EX 690 Chase and Amex 

EQ 690 If borderline Chase and Amex double pull

i know this is a CC topic but i really want some rebuilders input. thanks for any help guys

Wow MJ be careful what you ask for you just might get it (Joking) That was more than enough info WTG 

IMHO your chances would be increased 30% if you wait until the dispute is complete and if it goes your way.  

For data points I was approved for 2 Amex caards on same day with a paid federal tax lien 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 11 of 14
elim
Senior Contributor

Re: App'ing and Disputes

I think i might try to APP without dispute in a couple weeks when my UTIL is reporting "APP ready". then if i get the denial i'll give it 100% on the dispute (supposedly they are going to remove the TL manually because thats how the state of fla handles paid collections regarding child support, but slowwwwwwwww at it i guess). then i can re-APP in december and still get the 14' msd for future AMEX TL's. god i love you guys. thank you so much.

Message 12 of 14
myjourney
Super Contributor

@elim wrote:

I think i might try to APP without dispute in a couple weeks when my UTIL is reporting "APP ready". then if i get the denial i'll give it 100% on the dispute (supposedly they are going to remove the TL manually because thats how the state of fla handles paid collections regarding child support, but slowwwwwwwww at it i guess). then i can re-APP in december and still get the 14' msd for future AMEX TL's. god i love you guys. thank you so much.

For data points Amex usually stops in November of that year so Dec. cards will show 2015 MSD

Good luck

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 13 of 14
elim
Senior Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@elim wrote:

For data points Amex usually stops in November of that year so Dec. cards will show 2015 MSD

Good luck

thanks, that would have hurt.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.