Established Contributor

Applied Bank GW Success!!

[ Edited ]

I've been sending GW letters intermittently since 2009, when I paid an old charged off 180 day+ late cc (charged off in 2007). Always got the same response, reporting correctly, can't delete, etc.  HOWEVER, on 7/18/12, I sent a very intimate letter detailing how I live in a horrible neighborhood with my children (which any creditor can see by googling based on my currently reported addresses) and how it was my goal to get them out into a home of our own within the next year.

I went to check the status of a EXP dispute I did that was scheduling to clear and low and behold, my Applied Bank account was gone!!  I firmly believe it was this wholehearted and humble letter than caused this.  

BUT I will believe it's for real when it comes off my TU, the only other bureau it was reported to.  Any day now right?? :smileyhappy:

Filing Chap 7 as of 2/2015
Established Contributor

Re: Applied Bank GW Success!! I think... :)

Applied Bank GW success, after all! They sent me a letter that said they would be glad to give me a courtesy deletion of this acct from all of the bureaus and that it would take 30-60 days but it is already off all. Love it.

Where did you send the letter for the Applied Card Bank?  I paid off my card over a year ago, and my finance company stated that I need it to be deleted before I can get a home loan. I just got off of the phone with a woman, who stated that it showing that it has been paid, and that is all that they can do. I am in the same situation as you, with the bad neighborhood, and want to get my kids out of there ASAP. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Established Contributor

Just pm'd you!

Regular Contributor

Could you please PM the info as well. I would greatly appreciate it!!!

Starting Score: Sep 23, 2014 EQ 577 TU 583 EX 567
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor

diveforfun97 wrote:

Could you please PM the info as well. I would greatly appreciate it!!!

sent!

Regular Contributor

You are awesome....thanks!

Starting Score: Sep 23, 2014 EQ 577 TU 583 EX 567
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Member

Ooh, can you PM me the info as well? I keep getting letters returned or ignored! Thanks!

Established Contributor

webs0082 wrote:

Ooh, can you PM me the info as well? I keep getting letters returned or ignored! Thanks!

Sent!

Re: Applied Bank GW Success!!

Hi there ~

Could you please send the contact info to me as well?  I would greatly appreciate it.  And Congrats!  :smileyhappy:

Momma3
Starting scores 7/30/12 (EQ 585, TU 611, EX 623)
Goals - 700+ for all three :smileyhappy:
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.