Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applied Bank

tag
monicabang
Established Member

Applied Bank

I was reviewing my EX credit report and noticed that Applied Bank took almost a year to charge-off my account. Can they do this? It lists the 30, 60, 120 days and then astericks for 10 months and then it lists CO.
I had a $250 credit limit with them and they charged off my account for $2060!!
The date it is due to come is 7.5 yrs from the DOFD so I have no issues with that.
Is there anything I can do about the length of time it took them to CO the account or can they just decide when they feel they've tacked on enough fees to CO the account?
I want to pay them and get this taken care of but not for $2060.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Applied Bank

It's up to them...they were probably giving you more time to catch up...before they considered it a charge off...
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you have good contact info for Applied (fax 3 would be great also)?  They did the same thing to me and I have been trying to contact them to do a PFD, but I haven't received any response from the letters I sent.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got a reply when I sent a letter to this address:

Charlie Albano, President
Applied Card Systems
50 Applied Card Way
Glen Mills, PA 19342

The reply came from someone else, in their "Executive Correspondence Department," and he immediately agreed to take the account back from the collection agency, settle it for less than the full balance, and remove it from my reports.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a CO with them like 3 years ago. Last year I called and offered a PFD they agreed I paid they deleted. Just make sure u get it in writing.
Message 5 of 8
gdtobefree
Established Contributor

Thank You for that address, You wouldn't happen to have one Crap 1?
Message 6 of 8
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

gdtobefree wrote:
Thank You for that address, You wouldn't happen to have one Crap 1?

Have you tried the address on your TU report?  I have some other addresses at home.  Some people have had luck with them....and then there's me.  My acct was over 180 late & went to co status.  I PIF but they refuse to drop the co stat.  Other folks who simply had lates have had luck.
BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 7 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

gingergirl wrote:
Do you have good contact info for Applied (fax 3 would be great also)?  They did the same thing to me and I have been trying to contact them to do a PFD, but I haven't received any response from the letters I sent.

You CANNOT DV an OC! However, when I started credit repair last August, and not knowing any better, I sent a DV to Applied for DW for an account that we paid via a settlement  over 6 years earlier. Much to my surprise, they responded with the typical...you can't DV an OC..., but they offered a PFD in the body of their letter. All the ingredients were clearly there: they offered to delete with a payment in full and printed the offer on their letterhead.

Might be worth a shot: DVing Applied. In DW's case, again it was over 6 yrs old and was past SOL. We didn't accept it due to the settlement we made with the CA collecting for them.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.