cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applied for a mortgage..Experian reported a "0" ?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Applied for a mortgage..Experian reported a "0" ?

Well, i used to have tough credit, but after paying off some bills, and some time, i finally could get qualified for a mortgage. Funny thing, though, when the bank pulled my report, it only gave me:

Transunion : 622

Experian :       0      ?????

Equifax:         679

Why could this be? Is it possible that my experian score is so bad that it defaulted to "0"?  Is this possibly an error that can occur once in a while? Can anyone help relieve my stress about this?

Thanks

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Applied for a mortgage..Experian reported a "0" ?

It's not because it's too bad, chances are it's too thin.  Do you have any accounts that should be on there?  Have you had anything removed.  You need a TL of at least 6 months old to have a score.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

There is no such thing as a 0 score.

I would assume they didnt pull or receive a score.  I would call and ask them the reason.... did they just not inquire, have they not yet received it, or did the CRA state that the credit file was blocked for some reason that prevented scoring?

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure. I've gas credit cards for years.just had a collection deleted in July, but otherwise that's it. It was a local credit union that pulled the credit
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

From what I've seen online it looks like any score under 350 will default to 0 that's what concerns me
Message 5 of 6
GregB
Valued Contributor

The actual range for EX Fair Issac v2, which is your EX Score for a mortgage app, is 320-844 although you would have to have no positives and lots of negatives to score under 400 or so.

The 0 simply must mean that they did get ANY score. There are several possible reasons including that you don't have enough data in your EX file to generate a score.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.