Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apply for BoA?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Apply for BoA?

No myfico just gave me TU and EQ... I guess I'll have to go and buy EX now.. Hopefully it's not that much more expensive.

Message 11 of 30
Datx
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

No myfico just gave me TU and EQ... I guess I'll have to go and buy EX now.. Hopefully it's not that much more expensive.

Well have you pulled your free CR for the year yet? If you have not, you can get it for free. Just go to AnnualCreditReport.com and request a free CR, and of course pick EX.

Message 12 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I already bought it but doesnt that enroll me in some sort of program or something and I need to cancel before they start charging me? I dont want to deal with all of that... Also MY GOD my score is 525 on my EX... It has a gazillion inquiries where my other reports dont! I dont understand!!!

Message 13 of 30
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Don't know if FIA is owned by BofA, but it services many cards. If it is owned by BofA, it is still a separate division and would probably operate independently. Would a branch manager be able to override FIA's rules/protocol?
Message 14 of 30
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I already bought it but doesnt that enroll me in some sort of program or something and I need to cancel before they start charging me? I dont want to deal with all of that... Also MY GOD my score is 525 on my EX... It has a gazillion inquiries where my other reports dont! I dont understand!!!

If you bought that from the Experian website then it is not an EX FICO score. It's is a "Plus" score. It's not used by any lenders.

No one has been able to buy their own Experian FICO score since February of 2009. Creditors can pull Experian and also there is a CU (PSECU) in Pennsylvania that supplies that information to it's members only.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 15 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

So what is the score I pulled off experians website? It doesnt count? And how would I have any idea what my experian score is???

Message 16 of 30
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

The score from Experian's website is their own in-house score, and is not used by lenders.
Message 17 of 30
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

So what is the score I pulled off experians website? It doesnt count? And how would I have any idea what my experian score is???

As I wrote it's called a "Plus" score. It's not used by any lenders.Your actual EX FICO score could be higher or lower than this.

No one has been able to buy their own Experian FICO score since February of 2009. Creditors can pull Experian and also there is a CU (PSECU) in Pennsylvania that supplies that information to it's members only. I know of no other way to get an EX FICO.

From a BK years ago to:

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 18 of 30
Datx
Valued Contributor

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

As I wrote it's called a "Plus" score. It's not used by any lenders.Your actual EX FICO score could be higher or lower than this.

No one has been able to buy their own Experian FICO score since February of 2009. Creditors can pull Experian and also there is a CU (PSECU) in Pennsylvania that supplies that information to it's members only. I know of no other way to get an EX FICO.

Through a LO! Smiley Tongue

But yeah, you can't purchase your EX FICO score anywhere. Thats another thing, if you do decide to have BOA pull your credit and apply for their secured card at the branch, its possible the banker or LO will be able to give your EX score. Its possible, im not too sure though. Never tried it.

Message 19 of 30
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@MyCreditStinks wrote:

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Through a LO! Smiley Tongue

But yeah, you can't purchase your EX FICO score anywhere. Thats another thing, if you do decide to have BOA pull your credit and apply for their secured card at the branch, its possible the banker or LO will be able to give your EX score. Its possible, im not too sure though. Never tried it.

I thought I covered that when I wrote "Creditors can pull Experian"

From a BK years ago to:

Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.