cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apply for BoA?

Contributor

Re: Apply for BoA?

No myfico just gave me TU and EQ... I guess I'll have to go and buy EX now.. Hopefully it's not that much more expensive.


Starting Score 8/16/11: TU:552 EQ:575 EX:480 via State Farm
Current Score: TU:608 EQ:601 EX:580 via AMEX
Goal Score: EQ:650 TU:650


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 30
Valued Contributor

Re: Apply for BoA?


Pacman2012 wrote:

No myfico just gave me TU and EQ... I guess I'll have to go and buy EX now.. Hopefully it's not that much more expensive.


Well have you pulled your free CR for the year yet? If you have not, you can get it for free. Just go to AnnualCreditReport.com and request a free CR, and of course pick EX.

CH7 Discharged: 4-14-16
Rebuilding in Progress.....
May 2016 - EX: 594, TU: 582, EQ: 619
July 2016 - EX: 629, TU: 600, EQ: 622
Message 12 of 30
Contributor

Re: Apply for BoA?

I already bought it but doesnt that enroll me in some sort of program or something and I need to cancel before they start charging me? I dont want to deal with all of that... Also MY GOD my score is 525 on my EX... It has a gazillion inquiries where my other reports dont! I dont understand!!!


Starting Score 8/16/11: TU:552 EQ:575 EX:480 via State Farm
Current Score: TU:608 EQ:601 EX:580 via AMEX
Goal Score: EQ:650 TU:650


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 30
Valued Contributor

Re: Apply for BoA?

Don't know if FIA is owned by BofA, but it services many cards. If it is owned by BofA, it is still a separate division and would probably operate independently. Would a branch manager be able to override FIA's rules/protocol?

Starting Score: EQ 681 5/2011, EX 656 6/2011 (PSECU), TU98 642 6/2011
Current Score: EQ 741 12/2011, EX 730 08/15 (PSECU), TU08 710 08/15
Goal Score: 725+ across the board


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 14 of 30
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Apply for BoA?


Pacman2012 wrote:

I already bought it but doesnt that enroll me in some sort of program or something and I need to cancel before they start charging me? I dont want to deal with all of that... Also MY GOD my score is 525 on my EX... It has a gazillion inquiries where my other reports dont! I dont understand!!!


If you bought that from the Experian website then it is not an EX FICO score. It's is a "Plus" score. It's not used by any lenders.

 

No one has been able to buy their own Experian FICO score since February of 2009. Creditors can pull Experian and also there is a CU (PSECU) in Pennsylvania that supplies that information to it's members only.

 

 

 

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

 


 

Message 15 of 30
Contributor

Re: Apply for BoA?

So what is the score I pulled off experians website? It doesnt count? And how would I have any idea what my experian score is???


Starting Score 8/16/11: TU:552 EQ:575 EX:480 via State Farm
Current Score: TU:608 EQ:601 EX:580 via AMEX
Goal Score: EQ:650 TU:650


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 16 of 30
Valued Contributor

Re: Apply for BoA?

The score from Experian's website is their own in-house score, and is not used by lenders.

Starting Score: EQ 681 5/2011, EX 656 6/2011 (PSECU), TU98 642 6/2011
Current Score: EQ 741 12/2011, EX 730 08/15 (PSECU), TU08 710 08/15
Goal Score: 725+ across the board


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 17 of 30
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Apply for BoA?


Pacman2012 wrote:

So what is the score I pulled off experians website? It doesnt count? And how would I have any idea what my experian score is???


As I wrote it's called a "Plus" score. It's not used by any lenders.Your actual EX FICO score could be higher or lower than this.

 

No one has been able to buy their own Experian FICO score since February of 2009. Creditors can pull Experian and also there is a CU (PSECU) in Pennsylvania that supplies that information to it's members only. I know of no other way to get an EX FICO.

 

 

 

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 18 of 30
Valued Contributor

Re: Apply for BoA?


MarineVietVet wrote:

Pacman2012 wrote:

So what is the score I pulled off experians website? It doesnt count? And how would I have any idea what my experian score is???


As I wrote it's called a "Plus" score. It's not used by any lenders.Your actual EX FICO score could be higher or lower than this.

 

No one has been able to buy their own Experian FICO score since February of 2009. Creditors can pull Experian and also there is a CU (PSECU) in Pennsylvania that supplies that information to it's members only. I know of no other way to get an EX FICO.


Through a LO! Smiley Tongue

 

But yeah, you can't purchase your EX FICO score anywhere. Thats another thing, if you do decide to have BOA pull your credit and apply for their secured card at the branch, its possible the banker or LO will be able to give your EX score. Its possible, im not too sure though. Never tried it.

CH7 Discharged: 4-14-16
Rebuilding in Progress.....
May 2016 - EX: 594, TU: 582, EQ: 619
July 2016 - EX: 629, TU: 600, EQ: 622
Message 19 of 30
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Apply for BoA?


MyCreditStinks wrote:

MarineVietVet wrote:

Pacman2012 wrote:

So what is the score I pulled off experians website? It doesnt count? And how would I have any idea what my experian score is???


As I wrote it's called a "Plus" score. It's not used by any lenders.Your actual EX FICO score could be higher or lower than this.

 

No one has been able to buy their own Experian FICO score since February of 2009. Creditors can pull Experian and also there is a CU (PSECU) in Pennsylvania that supplies that information to it's members only. I know of no other way to get an EX FICO.


Through a LO! Smiley Tongue

 

But yeah, you can't purchase your EX FICO score anywhere. Thats another thing, if you do decide to have BOA pull your credit and apply for their secured card at the branch, its possible the banker or LO will be able to give your EX score. Its possible, im not too sure though. Never tried it.


I thought I covered that when I wrote "Creditors can pull Experian"

 

 

 

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 20 of 30