Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying for CCs in this economy?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Applying for CCs in this economy?

OK so here I am, my scores are finally decent enough (I hope) to apply for a CC...my goal is to get my scores above 700 (a year and a half ago they were in the high 500's/low 600's).  Now Tu 675, Ex 695 and Eq 745.  I have a car loan now for three months, paid on time SCRUPULOUSLY....I am working on getting two old (2002) and paid medical collections deleted using the Hippa process. Now I think I need to apply for a CC or a store card to help  my score.  What do you think?  Which is easier to get and which will help my score more?  I hate to apply for something now and get a hard pull on my report and not be approved!  Do you think I should wait a couple of months until everything in the banks and wall street settles down?  Just go for a store card?  Any advice is much appreciated!! 
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Applying for CCs in this economy?

@Anonymous wrote:
OK so here I am, my scores are finally decent enough (I hope) to apply for a CC...my goal is to get my scores above 700 (a year and a half ago they were in the high 500's/low 600's).  Now Tu 675, Ex 695 and Eq 745.  I have a car loan now for three months, paid on time SCRUPULOUSLY....I am working on getting two old (2002) and paid medical collections deleted using the Hippa process. Now I think I need to apply for a CC or a store card to help  my score.  What do you think?  Which is easier to get and which will help my score more?  I hate to apply for something now and get a hard pull on my report and not be approved!  Do you think I should wait a couple of months until everything in the banks and wall street settles down?  Just go for a store card?  Any advice is much appreciated!! 

I think you'd have pretty good chances with your EQ score.  Find a CCC that is tolerant of baddies and that pulls EQ (sorry I don't know a specific one to recommend).
Message 2 of 3
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Applying for CCs in this economy?

YMMV, but CITI is a big EQ puller.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.