Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying for NFCU cc

tag
Macdoll30
Valued Member

Applying for NFCU cc

When applying for a NFCU ( navy federal credit union) cc do they check what in your checking/savings before approval?
Also, I'm trying to rebuild and I'm wondering which cc to apply for with nfcu or are my score not even worth trying to apply yet?
EX: 589 EQ : 663 TU : 594
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Applying for NFCU cc

Unless your overdrawn, they won't care about your balances. Are you looking for rewards or low APR?
Message 2 of 12
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Hi and Welcome to the forums,

You said, you are rebuilding.  Do you have any CC's right now or are you just starting out?

Do you have any baddies on your CR's?

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 3 of 12
Macdoll30
Valued Member

Not sure which to try to apply for, just trying to get a cc's
Message 4 of 12
Macdoll30
Valued Member

I have a Capitol one just got just about 2months ago and I was approved for a Victoria's Secret cc today. I have late pmt history on my crs from a few yrs ago
Message 5 of 12
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Here's a link to NFCU, to see if you can join https://www.navyfederal.org/how-to-become-a-member.php 

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 6 of 12
Macdoll30
Valued Member

I'm already a member , thank you though! Just wasn't sure which of their cards to apply for with the scores I have
Message 7 of 12
themizlyne
Regular Contributor

I had a 680 EQ FICO and $100 in my account when I applied for GoRewards. It was approved with a $14000 CL.
Message 8 of 12
Macdoll30
Valued Member

NICE!
Message 9 of 12
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Is there a reason EX and TU are low? Do you happen to know your util?
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.