Did you mean: 

Applying for credit?

tag
Yoli14
Regular Contributor

Re: Applying for credit?

@p- wrote:

@Yoli14 wrote:

p- wrote:  DEFINITELY do not apply for any new cards.  Pay off all of your Cap1 cards except one, and keep it at a very low balance, less that 9%, preferably 3 to 5 to get teh best score possible.  Also, if you haven't already, look at PFD or GW options to remove derogatory items from your report.  What is it that's pulling you down to 650?

Medical, but I don't want to dispute anything on my reports. I am affraid it will bring my scores lower while in the process of disputing. I have a negative TL falling this month and a few baddies in Jan.2014.

Definitely don't dispute anything.  But sometimes you can get the Original Creditor, i.e. hospital or doc to take payment.  Then it no longer belongs to the CA.  After that you contact the CA via DV and ask them to remove.  If that is unsuccessful, you can direct dispute with the CA.  That is a dispute to them, not the CRA.

I actually went the HIPPA way and it acually worked on my Trnsunion report, but I haven't started with Ex or Eq.

Myfico on 02/21/12
Trans: 538 EQ: 591 Ex???
Myfico on 10/09/12
Trans: 600 EQ 602 EX???
Lender Pull 04/15/13
Trans 680, EQ 644, Ex 608
"I'm not telling you it is going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it"
Message 11 of 14
p-
Valued Contributor

Yoli14 wrote: I actually went the HIPPA way and it acually worked on my Trnsunion report, but I haven't started with Ex or Eq.

Yeah, there's some weird copyright issue with another site or something that prohibits us from discussing the HIPPA method here.  I got all wound up to try it, but found that nine times out of ten, the OC will pull it back for you anyway and save the hassle.

Message 12 of 14
Yoli14
Regular Contributor

@p- wrote:

Yoli14 wrote: I actually went the HIPPA way and it acually worked on my Trnsunion report, but I haven't started with Ex or Eq.

Yeah, there's some weird copyright issue with another site or something that prohibits us from discussing the HIPPA method here.  I got all wound up to try it, but found that nine times out of ten, the OC will pull it back for you anyway and save the hassle.

I tried several times with the hospital and they just wouldn't remove anything. Finally I decided to try the HIPPA way and it worked, but you have to do it in steps. If you ever need help just PM Smiley Happy

Myfico on 02/21/12
Trans: 538 EQ: 591 Ex???
Myfico on 10/09/12
Trans: 600 EQ 602 EX???
Lender Pull 04/15/13
Trans 680, EQ 644, Ex 608
"I'm not telling you it is going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it"
Message 13 of 14
p-
Valued Contributor

Yoli14 wrote:  I tried several times with the hospital and they just wouldn't remove anything. Finally I decided to try the HIPPA way and it worked, but you have to do it in steps. If you ever need help just PM Smiley Happy

Thanks, but I think I have it sorted.  The only account that I couldn't pay the OC accepted a PFD....  hopefully I won't have to go through it all again.  I'm down to only 1 collection left and it's non-medical.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.