Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying for discovery

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Applying for discovery

I'm about to apply for a discover card I would like to see if I can get a unsecured card but realistically looking at a secured card. Now should I call and apply over phone for a unsecured and if declined maybe ask to recon for a secured 😜 since I would already be on phone would that be possible and just use one HP
EQ-638 EX-629 TU-554
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Applying for discovery

Try applying for capital one or credit one credit cards.
Message 2 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Already have a unsecured cap1 card and credit one I will not apply for. I would rather not have any credit cards if credit one was my only option
Message 3 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I got my Discover IT secured I had apped for a Discover IT unsecured and was denied. I tried to recon for the secured using the same HP. The CSR told me it would result in a new HP. I really wanted it so I went online and applied anyway. Now I only have 1 HP from Discover showing on my report. I'm not sure if the CRA's combined them or what happened. My scores were about that or maybe slightly higher when I apped and was denied for the unsecured. I had 1 unpaid collection and some student loan lates from 2011. The nice thing about the Discover IT secured is that it can unsecure after 1 year. As always, YMMV.

Message 4 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I want to app for unsecured but that TU score is worrying me at 554 if they do pull TU it's my only collection that I paid in full and CA agreed to delete. I paid it on 6/12 and still shows $136 amount as it has not been updated to paid or even deleted
Message 5 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Check the credit pulls database and see what CRA they usually pull for your area. If it's not TU you should be able to get a secured card at least
Message 6 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm about to apply for a discover card I would like to see if I can get a unsecured card but realistically looking at a secured card. Now should I call and apply over phone for a unsecured and if declined maybe ask to recon for a secured 😜 since I would already be on phone would that be possible and just use one HP
EQ-638 EX-629 TU-554

It won't pull while the other is pending. I applied for both cards; 1 HP. I called for recon on the standard card, they said no, I continued with the secured, all over the phone, they emailed me the link to deposit.

I will tell you though, they told me I was declined for the same reasons as Barclay's and Chase; not enough revolving history, and I imagine you will have the same experience.

Message 7 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well declined for unsecured but approved for secured. Only one hard pull 😊
Message 8 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Well declined for unsecured but approved for secured. Only one hard pull 😊

NOW GET IN THE GARDEN! Smiley LOL

Message 9 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol i need 1 more line
Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.