Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying for two cards @ same company.

tag
kingkai1990
Contributor

Applying for two cards @ same company.

Hi. If I apply for two cards at Capital One, would that count as one inquiry or seperate ones?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Kevin5974
Frequent Contributor

Re: Applying for two cards @ same company.

Two, especially with Cap1

Starting Score: 475
Current Score: 649
Goal Score: 690

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 5
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@Kevin5974 wrote:

Two, especially with Cap1

Probably 6 !! 2 x triple pull  (anything else would be a nice surprise) and beside that if you do not have a strong profile I would not recommend to app for 2 cards from the same lender.

Message 3 of 5
Jeff532003
Frequent Contributor

It's 2 pulls from all three bureaus. I disagree on having more than one line with the same lender. When you have weak credit the more unsecured credit you have available the more it helps you. I've never known a lender or FICO to care if its through the same company.

I have three cards with CAP 1 and also a kohls they back. Once my secured hits 2 years I'll probably close it. 2 years solid reporting is required for maximum score utilization.
Capital One Venture- 10k, Quicksilver 3.5k, QS MC- 5.8 k, Venture One 5k| Chase Amazon 2k | American Express PRG- NPSL, JetBlue TrueBlue-2k | Bank of America Cash Rewards- 2k | DIscover IT- 1.3k | Barclay's Rewards MC- 1.3k | Greylock FCU (elan)- 500 | BJ's Perks Mastercard 3k | Overstock - 1k| Express - 750 | J Crew 4.3k | Orbitz Visa 2k| Walmart 700 |
TU FICO 5/14 - 520 | FICO 2/15 - 704 | FICO 6/21 - 702 |
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I actually have 3 capital one cards and they usually pull 2/3 CA. Mostly from experian and transunion. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.