Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approval on PayPal credit!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approval on PayPal credit!!

Okay, so ever since I found out that PayPal credit is a hidden tradeline, I've been flirting with the idea of applying. I read that they check TU, which is my best score at the moment. Applied and was initially denied. Today they called me to verify that it was me who applied (there's a fraud alert on my report) and the lady said I was approved for $250. Was kinda meh over it, since I wanted to use the hidden line to buy some new furniture items on credit and have the ability to carry the balance without it messing with my utility. 

I logged in and it says my limit is $2,500! I guess the lady forgot a zero! 😂

Feeling pretty good about that approval, so I'm gonna crack some new GW letters back to Nelnet. Between those lates and the huge CMRE medical TL, I'm in pretty good shape now. I still have the defaults from 5 years ago showing, but at least they are paid and going to fall away in the next couple of years.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Approval on PayPal credit!!

Congratulations! Did they pull TU?
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Congratulations! Did they pull TU?

Thanks! And, yes, they did!

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Okay, so ever since I found out that PayPal credit is a hidden tradeline, I've been flirting with the idea of applying. I read that they check TU, which is my best score at the moment. Applied and was initially denied. Today they called me to verify that it was me who applied (there's a fraud alert on my report) and the lady said I was approved for $250. Was kinda meh over it, since I wanted to use the hidden line to buy some new furniture items on credit and have the ability to carry the balance without it messing with my utility. 

I logged in and it says my limit is $2,500! I guess the lady forgot a zero! 😂

Feeling pretty good about that approval, so I'm gonna crack some new GW letters back to Nelnet. Between those lates and the huge CMRE medical TL, I'm in pretty good shape now. I still have the defaults from 5 years ago showing, but at least they are paid and going to fall away in the next couple of years.

Congratulations to you!...Thanks for sharing.Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

lowkeyorca wrote:
Okay, so ever since I found out that PayPal credit is a hidden tradeline
----------------------------------------------------------------

Hidden tradeline? Do you mean they don't report to the credit bureaus?
Message 5 of 7
disney2
Regular Contributor

I have one of those accounts and it is great but it does report on my credit reports and in Util.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@disney2 wrote:

I have one of those accounts and it is great but it does report on my credit reports and in Util.

PayPal Credit Cards and Smart Connect report. PayPal Credit, formerly known as Bill Me Later, does not report to the credit bureaus, unless you do not pay it.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.