Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved 3 times today!

tag
mashdun
Established Member

Approved 3 times today!

After working hard on my credit over the last year it has finally paid off... almost. I have all but one paid collection removed. I have a bankruptcy that is over 8 years old, defaulted on student loans 6.5 years ago... rehabed them, have all my debt paid off but some student loans. I had a lot of health issues at a young age... colon cancer, heart surgery, and part of a lung removed. After years of struggle in so many aspects of my life, I'm finally getting over the hump.

My TU Fico is 683, Equifax 666... not sure about Experian. I have not applied for any loan in 5-6 years now. Today I couldn't take any longer and decided today I'd see if any of the hard work has paid off. I applied for a Barclays credit card and was instantly approved for $1200. I also applied for a auto loan through USAA and got approved for $23000 at 4.9%. I also was approved instantly for a USAA Visa for $5000.

I unserstand my credit will take a bump with inquires, but I figured might as well do them all the same day so they will have less an impact down the road around the same time. Before today, I only had $450 revolving credit through Capital One. Maybe the additional available credit will help. Not sure since my balance was $0 on the card I have anyway.

I don't plan to use the two new cards and not sure what kind of car I will get yet (doubt I will get anything near $23K).... but I'm estatic to have the opportunity to do things right this time around!

Starting Score: EX 536 EQ 540 TU 536
Current Score: Aug 2013 EX ? EQ 666 TU 683
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Approved 3 times today!

@mashdun wrote:

After working hard on my credit over the last year it has finally paid off... almost. I have all but one paid collection removed. I have a bankruptcy that is over 8 years old, defaulted on student loans 6.5 years ago... rehabed them, have all my debt paid off but some student loans. I had a lot of health issues at a young age... colon cancer, heart surgery, and part of a lung removed. After years of struggle in so many aspects of my life, I'm finally getting over the hump.

My TU Fico is 683, Equifax 666... not sure about Experian. I have not applied for any loan in 5-6 years now. Today I couldn't take any longer and decided today I'd see if any of the hard work has paid off. I applied for a Barclays credit card and was instantly approved for $1200. I also applied for a auto loan through USAA and got approved for $23000 at 4.9%. I also was approved instantly for a USAA Visa for $5000.

I unserstand my credit will take a bump with inquires, but I figured might as well do them all the same day so they will have less an impact down the road around the same time. Before today, I only had $450 revolving credit through Capital One. Maybe the additional available credit will help. Not sure since my balance was $0 on the card I have anyway.

I don't plan to use the two new cards and not sure what kind of car I will get yet (doubt I will get anything near $23K).... but I'm estatic to have the opportunity to do things right this time around!

Congrats you have done a wonderful job and are being rewarded with approvals

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 6
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Very nice.  Congrats on your approvals, your hard work has paid off.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 3 of 6
cobra19
Valued Contributor

That is quite an accomplishment - Congrats !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 4 of 6
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Great job! The extra credit will significantly help your overall utilization which carries more weight than the inquiries. Great use of HPs!!
Message 5 of 6
cocomadd
Regular Contributor

Enjoy!!! Cheers!

Exp/647-Fako
EQ/629-Fico
Trans/656-Fako
NEW SCORES
EX/665
EQ/642
Trans/656 Fako

This is new to me but I will take the 750+ challenge! Goal by May 2014
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.