Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for a credit builder loan!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved for a credit builder loan!

I know this isn't the biggest accomplishment but I had to be approved for a credit builder loan through my credit union! And, I was approved! YAY! on my road to credit recovery!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
dznen1
Regular Contributor

Re: Approved for a credit builder loan!

I know the feeling.  I was approved for a credit builder loan about 3 months ago thru my cu, my first approval in many years.  I was elated that  I was able to get it!  I applied for an Open Sky secured cc and received it yesterday.  

I am striving to get my credit situation cleaned up and have excellent credit reporting for a change.

A big "Congratulations" to you! 

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!

Has your rebuilder loans helped your credit score so far?

Message 3 of 9
dznen1
Regular Contributor

Hi, I have had this rebuilder loan about 3 months and there has been an improvement to my scores.  TU from 527 to 611 and EQ 575 to 597.  Some of this rise may have been been because of 2 early deletions as well.  I am thinking of getting one more loan.  I look at it  also as a way to save and the loan is for 12 months which is a savings account too, for me.  I am so happy that I am given this chance to rebuild and, with this Open Sky cc and hopefully 2 more secured cc's, I will improve my credit immensely.

I hope your credit journey will be a geat one!

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dznen1 wrote:

Hi, I have had this rebuilder loan about 3 months and there has been an improvement to my scores.  TU from 527 to 611 and EQ 575 to 597.  Some of this rise may have been been because of 2 early deletions as well.  I am thinking of getting one more loan.  I look at it  also as a way to save and the loan is for 12 months which is a savings account too, for me.  I am so happy that I am given this chance to rebuild and, with this Open Sky cc and hopefully 2 more secured cc's, I will improve my credit immensely.

I hope your credit journey will be a geat one!

Congrats to you both! OpenSky is great. They report quick, have low fees and only $200 to open with no credit check. It was the first card I got out of BK.

Good luck to you both!

Message 5 of 9
dznen1
Regular Contributor

Thanks Cruznmore.  I have a question, please:  I just received the card about two days ago.  I enrolled online and the $35 AF is on the account, dated 11/04.  Should I go ahead and pay it now or wait until I know the statement cut date?  The agreement said the af is $29 but online it says $35.

I want to make sure I pay in plenty of time and avoid the interest.

Thanks again.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Having more loans will not help scores. Only one is needed. A secured credit card would be appropriate.
Message 7 of 9
dznen1
Regular Contributor

Thanks, then I will look for another card, hopefully one that does not pull your credit reports. 

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dznen1 wrote:

Thanks Cruznmore.  I have a question, please:  I just received the card about two days ago.  I enrolled online and the $35 AF is on the account, dated 11/04.  Should I go ahead and pay it now or wait until I know the statement cut date?  The agreement said the af is $29 but online it says $35.

I want to make sure I pay in plenty of time and avoid the interest.

Thanks again.

Pay it any time before the statement closing date.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.