Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for walmart!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved for walmart!

I've always wanted this card mainly because it's the main shopping place around my area. Approved for 700 with a fico8 of 709 very thin file. A couple questions.
Should I call and ask for more?

This card will make 4 cards is it safe to say I can close my cap1 secured? Cause I never use and I want my 99 bucks back lol.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Approved for walmart!

@Anonymous wrote:
I've always wanted this card mainly because it's the main shopping place around my area. Approved for 700 with a fico8 of 709 very thin file. A couple questions.

This card will make 4 cards is it safe to say I can close my cap1 secured? Cause I never use and I want my 99 bucks back lol.

You can def close the cap1. You'll still have 3.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations to you!...Thanks for sharing.Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Wait about 60 days or so then call them for a CLI. Ask for a crazy high amount and they will counter with the max they can give for your scores. For reference, most people can get bumped up to $3500 with 640 TU score, and at 660 they will usually go to 7K. With 700+ I would ask for 15K or more, as long as your income is good.

Yeah, you are good to close the secured card. If its been at least 6 months since your last app with Cap One I would apply for an unsecured card. Check the prequal page and see what comes up.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats.  Was it for the store card or the MC?  Call credit solutions  1-877-379-8173 and ask for $5000.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info Norman! Will call in at 60 days and ask for a huge increase. Been a little over 2 months last time I apped cap one.
I think just the store card unfortunately Kay but It still will get alot of use.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks for the info Norman! Will call in at 60 days and ask for a huge increase. Been a little over 2 months last time I apped cap one.
I think just the store card unfortunately Kay but It still will get alot of use.

I'm surprised with that score.  My mom got the Walmart MC with a 711 TU, but when she applied for Old Navy got the store card, but also got PayPal MC same score.  You never know, but you still call credit solutions and ask for $5k; they will either give it to you or counter.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah the email says walmart credit card nothing about mastercard in there. Kinda weird you can't apply for it directly.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Yeah the email says walmart credit card nothing about mastercard in there. Kinda weird you can't apply for it directly.

That's how they hook ya.  My mom was approved with starting limit of $800.  She called and got it increased to $1800.  She went to pay this month and it was auto increased to $3000.  She plans to ask for $5000 for black Friday.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.