cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are Collections scored along with other major derogs?

tag
natecooper75
Valued Member

Are Collections scored along with other major derogs?

I'm hoping to get my only collection to go away with a PIF/GW combo. The problem is on other accounts, I have some 90+ Day late payments that I have yet to try to GW since I'm still paying on the account. My question is, if the GW for the collection works, will I potentially see a score increase since I will have no collections but still have major derogs on my report?

The most recent 90+ Late is just over 2 years old.

EQ: 678 (Lender Pull 2/28/14) | EX: 669 (Lender Pull 2/28/14) | TU: 664(Lender Pull 2/28/14) 651 (Discover TU 08 3/13/14) 693 (MyFICO TU 98)
Mouseover for Limits

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
p-
Valued Contributor

Re: Are Collections scored along with other major derogs?

Short answer - any improvement is good.  Long answer;

A very similar question was asked and answered in this thread:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/How-much-is-this-affecting-my-current-score/m...

You should take a look.

Message 2 of 7
DaBears
Senior Contributor

@natecooper75 wrote:

I'm hoping to get my only collection to go away with a PIF/GW combo. The problem is on other accounts, I have some 90+ Day late payments that I have yet to try to GW since I'm still paying on the account. My question is, if the GW for the collection works, will I potentially see a score increase since I will have no collections but still have major derogs on my report?

CA's are not allowed to report or list any late payments. Where did you pull your report from?

DaBears

Message 3 of 7
natecooper75
Valued Member

@DaBears wrote:

@natecooper75 wrote:

CA's are not allowed to report or list any late payments. Where did you pull your report from?

DaBears

The collection account isn't reporting the late payments. The late payments are on a different account on my credit report. I was basically referring to my credit report as a whole and not by the parts that make it up if that makes any sense. Sorry if that was a little confusing.

EQ: 678 (Lender Pull 2/28/14) | EX: 669 (Lender Pull 2/28/14) | TU: 664(Lender Pull 2/28/14) 651 (Discover TU 08 3/13/14) 693 (MyFICO TU 98)
Mouseover for Limits

Message 4 of 7
p-
Valued Contributor

DaBears wrote:...CA's are not allowed to report or list any late payments...

I think the OP meant lates were on other accounts, and is curious whether the score will be stuck at rock bottom from the lates, even if the CA is removed.

Message 5 of 7
natecooper75
Valued Member

@p- wrote:

I think the OP meant lates were on other accounts, and is curious whether the score will be stuck at rock bottom from the lates, even if the CA is removed.

Yes. You wording seems sounds so much better than mine. Smiley Happy

Mouseover for Limits

Message 6 of 7
DaBears
Senior Contributor

@natecooper75 wrote:

@p- wrote:

Yes. You wording seems sounds so much better than mine. Smiley Happy

lol, ok makes sense now. 30-60 day lates only affect your scores for 2 yrs and will lose their sting over time. 90-120+ days late will hurt your score for the entire 7 yrs until they are removed. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.