Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are these reporting correctly?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are these reporting correctly?

Thanks in advance for any help. I have been reading here for a few months and was able to PFD 2 collection accounts but still have many baddies remaining. I have 3 accounts that in their reporting states collection accounts but are not showing up under collections. I am just wondering if these are reporting correctly.

Jefferson Capital LLC

Open account

Date open 12/2010

Date Reported 04/2011

Scheduled Payment $20 ( not sure why this there as I have had NO contact with them)

Date of first major delinquency  02/2011

DOFD 03/2008

Status Collection Account

High Credit $383

Balance $383

Amount Past Due $383

Type of Loan Factoring Company Account

LVNV Funding LLC

Open Account

Date open 10/2008

Date Reported 04/2011

Date of First Major Deliquency 01/2009

DOFD 09/2007

Status  Collection Account

High Credit  $836

Balance $981

Amount Past Due  $981

Type of Loan   Factoring company Account

Arrow Financial

Account # HSBC Card 4270xxxx

Open Account

Date Open  06/2008

Date Reported 09/2010

Date of First Major Delinquency  09/2008

DOFD  11/2007

Status  Collection Account

High Credit $765

Amount Past Due $923

Balance $923

Type of Loan   Factoring Company Account

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Re: Are these reporting correctly?

I dont see anything wrong with the way they're reporting. A word of caution, before you decide to deal with these please be aware that they are more and likely not past SOL. So that means if you want to DV you need to be ready pay in full.

Good Luck!

Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 2 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Schoolbuskid wrote:

I dont see anything wrong with the way they're reporting. A word of caution, before you decide to deal with these please be aware that they are more and likely not past SOL. So that means if you want to DV you need to be ready pay in full.

Good Luck!

+1. If you don't have the $$$ set aside to PIF (if you had to to avoid a judgment), then wait until SOL expires. Doing anything will increase the collection activity.

When ready, DV each. If they verify and you agree, then send a PFD. If they agree in writing, then pay it and they'll delete.

It looks OK to me too. Sometimes, and I feel that it's no fault of the CA's but rather the CRA (usually happens on EQ), the CA will report in the Accounts section vs. Collections. Score-wise, it makes no difference at all. It is still scored as a CA. Under a manual review, they would still see it as a CA.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for answering Smiley Happy  I wasn't sure if they were or not, didn't understand why one was showing a payment of $20 since I have never even heard from them and have no payment arrangement with them.

One more question, they are showing a date of first major delinquency with them, does this change the DOFD for when it drops off my credit report? from what I have read here it doesn't but am double checking to make sure that this is correct.

LVNV Funding served me court papers a year ago for this debt, I was served by the sherriff's office. I got everything together and when calling the court to confirm the court date I was told it had been dismissed a week after it was filed. I don't know whether they did an asset search and found out I have no property, bank account, or job ( I am disabled) or whether they just decided to wait awhile. I am worried that they will serve me again as I just got a letter from another CA/attorney trying to collect on it for them.

I want to take care of all of this but can't afford to PIF and can only tackle one of these at a time.

Message 4 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

One more question, they are showing a date of first major delinquency with them, does this change the DOFD for when it drops off my credit report? from what I have read here it doesn't but am double checking to make sure that this is correct.

Date of first major delinquency means nothing and has no impact on score or reporting. DOFD is the important date and that can never change. CRTP goes off the DOFD.

Message 5 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I agree with the peril in sending a PFD while still within SOL.  However, if you wait to send a DV, and pass the 30-day time period from their dunning notice, it is an untimely DV, and thus does not compel any cessation of collection activities.  If you want the advantage of barring their collection activities by way of a DV letter, you cannot simply wait.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.