cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are we losing some of our most knowledgeable contributors?

tag
EW800
Valued Contributor

Are we losing some of our most knowledgeable contributors?

I am praying that I am wrong, however wondering if we might be losing or have lost some of our most knowledgeable contributors in this forum.  I know that everyone gets busy and life events can bring changes, however I get the feeling that I am seeing less messages from some of the folks that I have found to be VERY knowledgeable in this forum.  I know that I have been SO grateful to many of these folks, who regularly give advice that has made a tremendous difference in my rebuilding efforts.  

To those that are the most knowledgeable and have been so giving of time, knowledge and support, thank you so much for all you!  I hope that you are able to stick around and keep offer what I consider to be life-changing advice and support!  

Again, thank you!!

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 839; EQ8: 845; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Re: Are we losing some of our most knowledgeable contributors?

Interesting post.

I will state this to those seeking help. Keep your stuff short/precise and to the point. If a divorce or illness caused you to file bankruptcy, why it happened is irrelevant so spare me the long arduous posts because it just takes too much of my time to sift through all of that just to determine what exactly is the point of your post. Everything in your posts should enhance my quick understanding of your scenario. I hate having to post five times just to find out the answer to one simple question.

That said, I do like helping others by sharing my thoughts, opinions and experiences. Just make it easy for me to continue doing so.

This could be one reason why some folks, including myself] just ignore some posts.

Message 2 of 13
EW800
Valued Contributor

@ezdriver wrote:

Interesting post.

I will state this to those seeking help. Keep your stuff short/precise and to the point. If a divorce or illness caused you to file bankruptcy, why it happened is irrelevant so spare me the long arduous posts because it just takes too much of my time to sift through all of that just to determine what exactly is the point of your post. Everything in your posts should enhance my quick understanding of your scenario. I hate having to post five times just to find out the answer to one simple question.

That said, I do like helping others by sharing my thoughts, opinions and experiences. Just make it easy for me to continue doing so.

This could be one reason why some folks, including myself] just ignore some posts.

That seems like great advice.   Thank you!!  

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 3 of 13
eric19k
Established Contributor

Yep. Shogun is not around anymore. Others too. Hope they will come back.
TU Scores:
May 2014- 466
July 2014- 537
September 2014- 602
Goal Scores- 720 by March 2014
Message 4 of 13
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

FWIW, having been the founder/admin/mod for various forums - my first one was text based on a CompuServe form, and I did 8-10 years daily on a live mIRC channel - over the years (thankless jobs btw) I don't see anything unusual here. Forums and especially users have a shelf life. Some (many) come here with "problems" bankruptcy, rebuilding,etc and move on once the either accept or ignore the advice. I assume many visit without ever posting, both those that join and those that don't.

There is also the same questions asked over and over - once a contributor answers 5-10-100 times the same question, they stop answering. In no way do I mean to suggest that our stock answer should be "search is your friend" and leave it at that. I actually think this board is friendly, very active and very useful for the ever changing user base. As far as active users (advisors) coming and going - life happens and tends to get in the way as our priorities evolve.

Message 5 of 13
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

There is so much more going on in these forums recently.  Its getting to be too much to follow + participate and is especially tough for the moderators, who are expected to be reading the threads.

But there are still a good handful of the regular contributors who are quite knowledgable.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 6 of 13
EW800
Valued Contributor

@eric19k wrote:

I truly hope that Shogun will return.  I am missing GDale6, too.  They are both extremely knowledgeable and offer great advice, in my opinion.  Hope everything is okay for them.  

Message 7 of 13
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@EW800 wrote:

@eric19k wrote:

I truly hope that Shogun will return.  I am missing GDale6, too.  They are both extremely knowledgeable and offer great advice, in my opinion.  Hope everything is okay for them.  

Shogun has not left myFICO.  Like many of us, our outside schedules and  family come first.  Not to mention, time spent on the forums daily can lead to a certain burn out and to offer our best advice, it's best to step away for a bit.  

Message 8 of 13
myjourney
Super Contributor

This was a good read to hear everyone's thoughts about those that help by passing the knowledge forward along with some helpful hintsSmiley Wink

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 9 of 13
EW800
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

@EW800 wrote:

@eric19k wrote:

Shogun has not left myFICO.  Like many of us, our outside schedules and  family come first.  Not to mention, time spent on the forums daily can lead to a certain burn out and to offer our best advice, it's best to step away for a bit.  

Thanks, Lexie!  So pleased that ShoGum has not left!  Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.