Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

As usual, I'm confused!

tag
S7
Established Contributor

As usual, I'm confused!

I logged on to Experian.com, and I know to ignore the score, thats fine and dandy. BUT, I had alerts on there dating back all the way to 2007! (yes i just loggedon) and it shows a company called ANFI, and one Anderons Financial....NO clue what these things, are.

"When you are down in the mouth, remember, everything turned out ok for Jonah."

Current FICO's(by lender) 10/9/12
EX:649, EX:651, TU:683
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: As usual, I'm confused!

Afni is a CA. Anderson Financial seems to be the old name of Afni, if I'm reading it right.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 15
S7
Established Contributor

Ive never seen them before!! wasnt showing up on my equifax, and its weird, they have like the same date that they began reporting, and stopped reporting, as Equitable Acceptance. Both began in 2/2007 and stopped in 6/207. What the heck do i do now????

Message 3 of 15
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

They are CAs.  Send them a DV and see what they are.

July 2013 score:

Message 4 of 15
S7
Established Contributor

They were listed as being added, in the alerts section. Though when I click on Report summary, it shows only one collection, which is the $40.00 I.C Systems, that Equifax deleted...This credit cleanup watching stuff is hard and stressful!

Message 5 of 15
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@S7 wrote:

They were listed as being added, in the alerts section. Though when I click on Report summary, it shows only one collection, which is the $40.00 I.C Systems, that Equifax deleted...This credit cleanup watching stuff is hard and stressful!

Yes but worth it.  The more you learn, the better off you are.  Good Luck!

July 2013 score:

Message 6 of 15
novabama
Frequent Contributor

Something similar happened to me today. I had 6 alerts of new things being added or updated on my Equifax website today. It was very odd.... I freaked because I read it on my iphone and couldn't look while driving. When I got to work I checked them out and it was stuff already on my CR. Also Asset Acceptance agreed to delete after BBB last week and they increased the balance apparently...? I'm giving till Oct to fret though.

Hopefully no big for either of us

Message 7 of 15
S7
Established Contributor

Another thing that is odd, is that they're listed as being added back IN 2007. So they're werent even newly added..and they're not showing up as collections either. This whole thing has gone sideways on me!

Message 8 of 15
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Having reported their collection activity to a CRA, that triggered their requirement to have provided dunning notice within 5 days therafter.

The statutory intent is protect consumers from damage due to "submarine" collections being included in their credit report without their timely post-notification and thus ability to deal with it in their own timely fashion.

How you can proceed is dependent upon whether they provided that required notice. If they did provide prior dunning notice, it set a period of 30-days in which a request for debt verification be sent in order to invoke any cease further collection bar on them.   If that period has exipired, any DV would be untimely, and thus invoke no cease collection bar.  The debt collector would have no requirement to respond or to cease any collection activities.

Thus, prior to attempting to invoke an provisions of the FDCPA for these "submarine collections," the issue of prior dunning notice must be resolved.

Message 9 of 15
novabama
Frequent Contributor

Can you put that in laymans terms LOL

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.