Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

As usual...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

As usual...

We work so hard at cleaning up and pop!! Anyways I noticed Convergent outsourcing SP Experian over the last few months.

Today, received a dunning notice from them. Settlement offer. They claim the Creditor is Citizens Bank. Original debt 324$, with fees the balance is 1620$, but offers to settle for 810$.

This has not hit any of my reports yet...Citizens has never reported to CRA's.

Any idea why hasn't hit reports yet?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: As usual...

Come on everyone, wake up!!
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Probably bc ir gives you more incentive to pay sooner?
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't understand why the OC (Citizens Bank) never attempted to collect on this and why they never reported to the CRA's. Now all the sudden Convergent comes along. I can't even remember this. I know I had a checking account with Citizens years ago. Never had chexsystems or anything report about this on the CRA's.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Send them a DV requesting the OC name and adress, the original amount of the debt before interest and collection fees, and most important - the original date of default. Chances are this is zombie debt, or is not even yours.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks norman.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Send them a DV requesting the OC name and adress, the original amount of the debt before interest and collection fees, and most important - the original date of default. Chances are this is zombie debt, or is not even yours.

I live in Massachusetts. Massachusetts has a wonderful law regarding debt validation. It will go out certified tomorrow.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.