cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask and you shall receive?! Credit One charge off deleted!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ask and you shall receive?! Credit One charge off deleted!

So I have been working diligently in getting baddies removed from my reports. I currently have 3 left: Capital One (paid charge off 2014), Credit One (unpaid charge off 2014) and Midland (credit one unpaid charge off 2015). I sent an email to both Capital One and Credit One requesting a goodwill delete earlier this month. Fast forward to this week, I received a letter from Credit One stating that they will delete the charge off since it's been transferred to Midland. SCORE!

Also received a call from Capital One's executive office. I had to explain the hardship I faced when the charge off occured and they said they would do a little research and get back to me. Praying that this results in a good outcome as well!

Thanks to this community, I am one step closer to a clean file Smiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Ask and you shall receive?! Credit One charge off deleted!

This is a good score, way to go Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gdale6 wrote:

This is a good score, way to go Smiley Happy

Thank you!!!

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had 3 Capital One charge offs on my credit report and got them all removed. Capital One is pretty good about remove Charge- offs especially if they've been paid / are over a year old. 
At least in my experience. 

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I had 3 Capital One charge offs on my credit report and got them all removed. Capital One is pretty good about remove Charge- offs especially if they've been paid / are over a year old. 
At least in my experience. 

I never knew! I am crossing my fingers for good news. I'm supposed to hear back soon.

Message 5 of 16
trnl2016
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So I have been working diligently in getting baddies removed from my reports. I currently have 3 left: Capital One (paid charge off 2014), Credit One (unpaid charge off 2014) and Midland (credit one unpaid charge off 2015). I sent an email to both Capital One and Credit One requesting a goodwill delete earlier this month. Fast forward to this week, I received a letter from Credit One stating that they will delete the charge off since it's been transferred to Midland. SCORE!

Also received a call from Capital One's executive office. I had to explain the hardship I faced when the charge off occured and they said they would do a little research and get back to me. Praying that this results in a good outcome as well!

Thanks to this community, I am one step closer to a clean file Smiley Very Happy

Hey, that's great news! Congrats!

So I think I'm in the same situation. I have a Credit One "account" that shows up as last reported May 11, 2012 and the remark is "charged off as bad debt. purchased by another lender." I also have a Midlands "collection" for Credit One that's past SOL now. If I email Credit One like you did, then I may be able to get them to remove themselves from my credit reports on the basis that they sold the account to Midlands? If so, do you mind PMing me the exact steps you took to get this taken care of? Would appreciate it very much! Thanks!

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@trnl2016 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

So I think I'm in the same situation. I have a Credit One "account" that shows up as last reported May 11, 2012 and the remark is "charged off as bad debt. purchased by another lender." I also have a Midlands "collection" for Credit One that's past SOL now. If I email Credit One like you did, then I may be able to get them to remove themselves from my credit reports on the basis that they sold the account to Midlands? If so, do you mind PMing me the exact steps you took to get this taken care of? Would appreciate it very much! Thanks!

Credit one is not Capital One, they're a whole different company that may or may not be willing to remove Tradelines. I have found in removing my tradelines that the best way to go is Snail mail, at least 2 or 3 of them. Followed by Phone calls. All of my Capital One  trade lines where removed via conversation through snail mail.

My victoria's secret account (Comenity Bank)  was removed after I Send a GW Letter. They never responded back by a month later the tradeline was gone. 

I'd go Snail-Mail first. But that's just from personal experience. 

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@trnl2016 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks! I sent an email to the CEO of Credit One just explaining the hardship I faced during the time of the charge off.  You can find his email address via a google search. They responded a few weeks later via a mailed letter. Just remember, although this may result in deleting the Credit One tradeline, you will still have Midland on your reports.

As for me, I'm going to hold off on Midland to see where this class action lawsuit ends up. 6 more months to go before the final hearing!

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@trnl2016 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Credit one is not Capital One, they're a whole different company that may or may not be willing to remove Tradelines. I have found in removing my tradelines that the best way to go is Snail mail, at least 2 or 3 of them. Followed by Phone calls. All of my Capital One  trade lines where removed via conversation through snail mail.

My victoria's secret account (Comenity Bank)  was removed after I Send a GW Letter. They never responded back by a month later the tradeline was gone. 

I always try emailing the exec offices first and if that doesn't work then I start sending mailed letters. Either way works, just have to be persistent!

Message 9 of 16
trnl2016
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@trnl2016 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks... I do realize that Credit One and Capital One are different companies. The OP mentioned he/she was able to get Credit One to delete their charge off after transfer to Midland, which I would love to be able to do as well. Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.