cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask for credit increase... do they pull your credit?

tag
Kbrown1022
Valued Member

Ask for credit increase... do they pull your credit?

I have a bunch of store cards that frequently raise my limits without me asking, but I was wondering if I click the increase my credit limit button they have would that result in an inquiry on my credit report? I am trying to buy a house and any improvement in my utilization ratio would be great.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Re: Ask for credit increase... do they pull your credit?

List the card/s you're thinking of doing for CLIs.

Message 2 of 5
Kbrown1022
Valued Member

Express (CL 3500), The Limited (CL 2330), Best Buy (CL 1705), Macy's (CL 2000), Victoria Secret (CL 1610), Kohls (CL 3000).

Message 3 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Clicking the button makes for a consumer intitiated request for credit, giving rise to their permissible purpose to pull your credit report without any additional authorization on your part.

Whether they pull is up to them, and if they do pull, how they code it is up to them.

A consumer intitiated request for credit can always be coded as hard.

You can obtain the same reduction in % util without a CLI by paying down the balance.

If preparing to app for a mortgage, it is most likely not the time to be showing quests for more credit, and thus the ability to increase your debt.

Message 4 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Kbrown1022 wrote:

Express (CL 3500), The Limited (CL 2330), Best Buy (CL 1705), Macy's (CL 2000), Victoria Secret (CL 1610), Kohls (CL 3000).

The ones issued by Comenity in this list are usually based on SPs.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.