cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asked Capital One for any eligable offers....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Asked Capital One for any eligable offers....

Asked Capital One for any eligible offers via chat on my current no fee QuickSliver MasterCard and they said they do show upgrade to Venture card with no AF as well. Honestly, I have no use for mileage points but I like to keep cash back card. Not sure if it’s worth to upgrade to Venture?

I was really wanting APR reductions as it is 24.99 (v). At least Discover granted me today 0% on purchases for 12 month. Awaiting for Barclay Rewards to respond for any offers on my card.

Your thoughts?

P.S. Happy Holidays! 

CAMailman

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Asked Capital One for any eligable offers....

I believe in the loose theory that since it was a subprime level at the time it was grnted, it remains viewed as a subprime level.  Lesser chances of PC'ing, CLI, etc.  APR offer's statistically low.

Venture is cash back at 2%, BUT only for travel credit.  Your 1.5% is for anything your heart desires.  So, see what you use the card for.

I have resigned to keep a small, recurring charge on my QS MC, then on it's next birthday, reedeem the cash, and vow to use the card for a pack of gum every three months until 2020.  Then I will kill it.

TL;DR.  Congrats on a rare PC imo.  I doubt they'll ever lower APR.  See what your common merchant codes are and decide from there.  Happy Festivus!

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called Cap 1 last week to replace a card that was lost. Rep ended the call with "Is there anything else I can do?".  I asked about a lower APR and he said there weren't any offers on my account.  He again asked "Is there anything else I can do?".  So I asked about a CLI and he went on to explain the review process and how to request a CLI online blah blah blah. Said thank you and goodbye.  2 days later I wake up to a 4K CLI 🙂. 

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Asked Capital One for any eligible offers via chat on my current no fee QuickSliver MasterCard and they said they do show upgrade to Venture card with no AF as well. Honestly, I have no use for mileage points but I like to keep cash back card. Not sure if it’s worth to upgrade to Venture?

I was really wanting APR reductions as it is 24.99 (v). At least Discover granted me today 0% on purchases for 12 month. Awaiting for Barclay Rewards to respond for any offers on my card.

Your thoughts?

P.S. Happy Holidays! 

CAMailman

I would not upgrade to the Venture card.  I have that and the Platinum card and I use the Platinum card more and like how I get points for both it and the ED card and like the fact that the points are combined.  Your best bet would be to check the prequal for the QS Visa; it has a $100 bonus and 0% APR for 9 months.  The QS Visa offers similar APRs.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Your thoughts?

P.S. Happy Holidays! 

CAMailman

I would not upgrade to the Venture card.  I have that and the Platinum card and I use the Platinum card more and like how I get points for both it and the ED card and like the fact that the points are combined.  Your best bet would be to check the prequal for the QS Visa; it has a $100 bonus and 0% APR for 9 months.  The QS Visa offers similar APRs.

If you check the Cap1 website, it appears that all QS and Venture are now issued as WEMC. Smiley Sad

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bella007. Thanks for the update. Guess I missed the news. Liked having the signature Visa. Oh well, still would take the QS instead of the Venture.
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Agreed! I was kinda suprised that I was offered Venture card for not even having Capital One QS for a year. I'll just stick with QS with $6k credit line (but ouch, still at 24.99% v...BUT never let it carry balance enough to worry about high APR although it's nice to have lower APR *JUST IN CASE* Smiley Wink

Gee...I wonder why Capital One no longer have QS Visa? I searched and found none.

Happy Holidays from an VERY exhausted mailman who worked 11 hours daily in the last few weeks Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Agreed! I was kinda suprised that I was offered Venture card for not even having Capital One QS for a year. I'll just stick with QS with $6k credit line (but ouch, still at 24.99% v...BUT never let it carry balance enough to worry about high APR although it's nice to have lower APR *JUST IN CASE* Smiley Wink

Gee...I wonder why Capital One no longer have QS Visa? I searched and found none.

Happy Holidays from an VERY exhausted mailman who worked 11 hours daily in the last few weeks Smiley Very Happy

Happy holidays to you too.  Have you checked the Amex Offers?  I have the BCP and the interest rate for it is at 13.24% which is good for me.  Currently offering 6/3/1 and 0% APR for 12 months.  Yes the $95 fee is not great, but you can earn $150 on $1k purchases within 3 months and 10% back on Amazon purchases.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
@Anonymous. Thanks for the update. Guess I missed the news. Liked having the signature Visa. Oh well, still would take the QS instead of the Venture.

If I would have known they were going to stop offering Visa in the Venture/Quicksilver, I would have rolled the dice on one a couple of months ago. I was planning on apping for the Venture sometime next year, then PC it to the QS down the road. I did want the Visa Signature version, but will go the WEMC version instead. I don't have anything against WEMC, it's just that I already have one and kinda wanted the VS for Costco. Will someday be closing my NFL Extra Points Visa...they threw a wrench into my dream wallet. Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Happy holidays to you too.  Have you checked the Amex Offers?  I have the BCP and the interest rate for it is at 13.24% which is good for me.  Currently offering 6/3/1 and 0% APR for 12 months.  Yes the $95 fee is not great, but you can earn $150 on $1k purchases within 3 months and 10% back on Amazon purchases.

Thanks. I wouldn't touch AmEx till my 5 year post-BK (3 1/2 years to go). I am authorized user on my lovely wife's AmEx BCE which currently has 0% for 15 months which will expire May 23, 2017 then it will be 20.24% v (ouch) and plan to ask AmEx to lower APR once 0% promo expires! When she got the card we got 10k points after spending certain amount in 3 months. We now have 31k points Smiley Happy

Right now, we don't plan to apply for *ANY* cards till after my 2 year post DC this upcoming June to get mortgage, hopefully!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.