Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asked old LO to remove inquiry

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Asked old LO to remove inquiry

Our old LO (before we finally got a good one who's competent) sat on our file for 2 months and one day I got a MyFico alert that someone pulled my credit.

He'd gone in and pulled a joint CR on myself and my husband -- 2months after the first! He never told me, never asked me, never said anything.

I sent him an email asking him what was going on and he said (after sitting on our file for 2 months) "Oh by the way, I have to put you on the FHA mortgage." I was like, what??? He doesn't but that's another story. Anyway I said I was concerned and he kept telling me "this will not impact your FICO."

Well it did.

MyFico dropped and now I signed up for iQualifier and the Simulator showed if that one inquiry was off -- it would bump our score quite a bit. So I sent him a polite email saying, "I didn't authorize it can you delete it?"

He said, "it was within 30 days it will have no impact. I can't delete it."

I sent him another polite email saying, "no it was 2 months -- 60 days apart -- could you delete it or convert it to a soft pull?"

Can he delete it? He knows I didn't authorize it and he screwed up bigtime on our loan, messing it up so that we had to go to another lender.

My fear is that to screw me over -- he'll go pull another one or something.

I don't know what to do.

I'm sure I signed a paper somewhere saying he could pull but it's common sense. Our new lender is very aware and told me she's not pulling at all and will discuss it with me before.

He hasn't argued -- he knew he didn't ask my permission. The whole thing was bizarre. Do nothing on our loan for 2 months, then go to underwriting -- WITH ALL THE WRONG INFORMATION (I mean everything was wrong) and then wait another 3 weeks and suddenly pull my credit report after and try to stick me on the loan???

Do I have any options? I can't dispute because I can't have any open disputes.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Asked old LO to remove inquiry

@Anonymous wrote:

Our old LO (before we finally got a good one who's competent) sat on our file for 2 months and one day I got a MyFico alert that someone pulled my credit.

He'd gone in and pulled a joint CR on myself and my husband -- 2months after the first! He never told me, never asked me, never said anything.

I sent him an email asking him what was going on and he said (after sitting on our file for 2 months) "Oh by the way, I have to put you on the FHA mortgage." I was like, what??? He doesn't but that's another story. Anyway I said I was concerned and he kept telling me "this will not impact your FICO."

Well it did.

MyFico dropped and now I signed up for iQualifier and the Simulator showed if that one inquiry was off -- it would bump our score quite a bit. So I sent him a polite email saying, "I didn't authorize it can you delete it?"

I sent him another polite email saying, "no it was 2 months -- 60 days apart -- could you delete it or convert it to a soft pull?"

Can he delete it? He knows I didn't authorize it and he screwed up bigtime on our loan, messing it up so that we had to go to another lender.

I don't know what to do.

I'm sure I signed a paper somewhere saying he could pull but it's common sense. Our new lender is very aware and told me she's not pulling at all and will discuss it with me before.

He hasn't argued -- he knew he didn't ask my permission. The whole thing was bizarre. Do nothing on our loan for 2 months, then go to underwriting -- WITH ALL THE WRONG INFORMATION (I mean everything was wrong) and then wait another 3 weeks and suddenly pull my credit report after and try to stick me on the loan???

I don't care what the "iQualifier Simulator" is telling you, a single inquiry is not going to make more than one or two points difference in your FICO scores. In fact I don't even see the word "FICO" anywhere on the iQualifier web page, so its a good assumption that its just another worthless FAKO, and any predictions it makes are simply not credible, nor reliable.

Get your current MORTGAGE scores by buying a new set of reports right here at MyFICO. The alerts you get do not update your mortgage scores, only your FICO 8 scores. Since you will be buying your own scores its a soft pull.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think iQualifier uses TU Classic 04 -- what mortgage lenders use.

MyFico 8 is not for mortgages and MyFico 3B uses TU 98. (Or so I've read on the boards)

It's a simulator that is used by many many lenders because they provide the credit reports to lending companies.

It might be off, but then again -- it might not. But maybe it is off. I couldn't believe it when it showed an increase.

Message 3 of 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

You do not have to give them permission or sign any agreement in order for them to have the right to pull your credit report.

The FCRA is structured such that if certain conditions apply, of which a consumer application for considertion of credit is one, then they have a permissible purpose to pull your credit report without need for your separate or express permission.

Permissible purposes are all set forth within FCRA 604.

The process by which inquiries are coded as soft or hard is not regulated under the FCRA, and the specific process has not been published by the CRAs.

Yes, inquiries can be coded as soft, but there is no right to such coding and no regs that you can rely upon.

Message 4 of 9
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Well it did.

I don't know what to do.

I don't care what the "iQualifier Simulator" is telling you, a single inquiry is not going to make more than one or two points difference in your FICO scores. In fact I don't even see the word "FICO" anywhere on the iQualifier web page, so its a good assumption that its just another worthless FAKO, and any predictions it makes are simply not credible, nor reliable.

Agreed.

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

FICO is a licensed and registered trademark of FairIsaac corporation. You can certainly bet that if TU was using a FICO score, the FICO trademark would be prominantly displayed - just like it is on Experian's Credit Check Total site. I'm 99.99% sure its a FAKO.

AFAIK, the only place you can see mortgage scores is right here on MyFICO.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the replies. I understand that technically they have the right to do it. I would never make a legal argument. Still, it wasn't authorized and that LO was terrible and actually incompetent.

I am learning but I know that mortgage lenders use these:

They use:

BEACON 5 - EQ

FICO II - EX

CLASSIC 04 - TU

I am trying to find an accurate one for TU Classic 04 because that will be our middle score. Someone on MyFico Forums said iQualifier is the only one that is TU Classic 04.

MyFico uses TU 98.

I guess my question then is -- how close is TU 98 to TU Classic 04?

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

When you purchase a three bureau report from myfico you will get fico 8 scores plus beacon 5 fico 4 and fico 2. In addition you will get your auto enhanced current and previous version, and bank enhanced current and previous version. You will get about seven different fico scores from each bureau.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can also just purchase a single TU report from myfico and see the fico 4 score.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.