cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asking OC to recall collection account...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Asking OC to recall collection account...

So ERC has 2 At&t accounts for me. Initially my plan was to ignore them and let them age off.

Now I'm considering calling the OC and asking them to recall the debt so I can pay it. If they agree, I would want to wait until the CA deletes the derog from my CR to pay. Has that worked for anyone, or do I just take their word for it?

Under the laws of my state all of my income is exempt from collection. So in all honesty, they don't have any other way of getting paid. If I tell them that it may be perceived negatively. I'm just trying to do the right thing and honor my responnsibilities.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Asking OC to recall collection account...

@Anonymous wrote:
So ERC has 2 At&t accounts for me. Initially my plan was to ignore them and let them age off.

Now I'm considering calling the OC and asking them to recall the debt so I can pay it. If they agree, I would want to wait until the CA deletes the derog from my CR to pay. Has that worked for anyone, or do I just take their word for it?

Under the laws of my state all of my income is exempt from collection. So in all honesty, they don't have any other way of getting paid. If I tell them that it may be perceived negatively. I'm just trying to do the right thing and honor my responnsibilities.

If they agree to recall the debt, you can pay it immediately. The collectors no longer have the right to collect the debt, and you can dispute to the CRAs if they dont pull it off on the next update cycle. And while both organizations are relatively toothless with this, simply filing a BBB or CFPB complaint would probably speed up the process.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.