Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asking for too much???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Asking for too much???

Last year around this time I got Captial One to remove a charged off account from my CR. Last week Friday I got MOHELA to remove ONE 90 day and FIVE 120 day lates from my CR, all this from sending GW letters to each. I have a recently paid off auto loan that has about 16 missed payments off and on from 2009-2010, a closed credit card with a handful of lates from around the same time as well as an open credit card that has three 30, two 60 and two 90 day late payments in 2009 & 2010. My question is, is asking Cap One to delete the two closed accounts and remove the lates from the open account too much in one letter? 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
tufa4311
Established Contributor

Re: Asking for too much???

@Anonymous wrote:

Last year around this time I got Captial One to remove a charged off account from my CR. Last week Friday I got MOHELA to remove ONE 90 day and FIVE 120 day lates from my CR, all this from sending GW letters to each. I have a recently paid off auto loan that has about 16 missed payments off and on from 2009-2010, a closed credit card with a handful of lates from around the same time as well as an open credit card that has three 30, two 60 and two 90 day late payments in 2009 & 2010. My question is, is asking Cap One to delete the two closed accounts and remove the lates from the open account too much in one letter? 

IMO, yes, it's too much to ask in one letter. These are seperate accounts we are talking about and I feel they should be attacked individually. The main reason is that by sending all at once you will overwhelm the rep receiving it and he/she will most likely just say no way. By sending them individually you gain two things: one, working on one account per request you can drop/fix whole accounts rather than getting rid of one late in this account and one late in that acount. Second reason, and more importantly, by sending the requests individually you will most likely get different contacts looking at them and one may never do removals while another may - micro fixing not macro fixing.

Yes, even done individually per account the rep may see your other accounts but maybe not.

You have been VERY lucky thus far and have removed some big negatives. Keep at it.

796 TU FICO 08 (08/2018)
758 TU FICO 08 (01/12/2016)
753 TU FICO 08 (11/21/2015)
740: EQ Score Power (Beacon 5.0) FICO 04 (01/23/2015)
755 TU FICO 08 (01/21/2015)
652 TU Lender Pull (06/10/2014)
665 TU FICO 08 (05/21/2014)
Goal: 800+
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.