cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aspire Visa - 1st baddie to be deleted... Feels so GOOD!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Aspire Visa - 1st baddie to be deleted... Feels so GOOD!

I'm new to rebuilding (just started last month), and I'm sure I've already made a few missteps (like paying off a $2800 collection without even trying to PFD because I didn't know such a thing existed) , but I received a letter in the mail today from Aspire indicating that my TL will be deleted from all CRAs (within 30-60 days, of course lol)!!! My account was charged off in 2009 and sold to Jefferson Capital. At some point after that, it was picked up by Midland (go figure). Midland was PIF in 2012. At that point, I didn't care one bit about my credit because it was so bad I didn't even bother.  When I finallly got my credit report last month, I found that Aspire still showed a 1400 balance. I had sent two emails through the "contact us" link on the website, and then I called them last week. I simply stated that the debt was PIF to the CA, and cited the 2008 FTC ruling and indicated that the TL was supposted to have been removed. The CSR put me on hold and came back and said the issue had been escalated; I should hear something soon. And today, the letter. So happy. It's only one, and I have a lot more to go, but it gives me hope!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Aspire Visa - 1st baddie to be deleted... Feels so GOOD!

Fantastic, grats to the success Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 5
bkelly906
Regular Contributor

Great news!!

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

U mind helping me out wit the number I have midland showing but they are not budging
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

That was the OC that is deleting the TL... I haven't done anything with Midland yet, they are next on the list. I did send an email through the "contact us" link on the Midland website, but most likely that won't go anywhere. Midland sued me and got a default judgement against me in 2009. I finally paid them off in 2012. The judgement is not on any of my CRs, but they still list the paid collection, which I want gone. Good luck with Midland. If I come across any contact info, I'll let you know!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.