cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aspire Visa Card

tag
YAC

Aspire Visa Card

I received a letter from TMZ lawyers in regards to a class action suite against CB&T regarding my Aspire Visa Card.  This card is currently reporting twice on my credit reports.  Once with the OC for $882 and again with Midland Credit (CA) for $1012.  I'm not sure how to proceed at this point.  This is a relatively new issue reporting negatively on all three credit reports scheduled to fall off in mid-2015.  I'd like to try to resolve.  Should I wait for the outcome of the class action suit?  Or start process of PFD?  Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Current scores:  TU - 615; EQ - 588

Starting Score: 12/2010: TU 615; EQ 588; EX 568
Current Score: 05/2011: TU 634; EQ 639; EX 575
Goal Score: 650

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Aspire Visa Card

Welcome to the forums!

I wouldn't wait for the class action to push through. The likelihood of the terms of the settlement to include reporting changes are virtually nil. Plus it can take years for these to work through the system assuming a settlement isn't made sooner.

I'd aim for a PFD with the CA. Be sure to DV first. They don't have  to respond but they likely would. Use their balance response as the basis for your PFD. After the PFD, contact the OC. They are likely misreporting. They should report as $0 if they sold the debt to that CA. You would then send a GW asking them to delete or remove any lates, CO references, etc.

Message 2 of 3
YAC

Re: Aspire Visa Card

Great advice.  Thanks.

Starting Score: 12/2010: TU 615; EQ 588; EX 568
Current Score: 05/2011: TU 634; EQ 639; EX 575
Goal Score: 650

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.