cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asset Accaptance deleting!! BBB worked!!

tag
Shokk
Established Contributor

Asset Accaptance deleting!! BBB worked!!

Wow!  Can't tell you how excited I am right now!  I filed a complaint with the BBB about Asset Acceptance not providing enough information.  They did legally validate, but nothing else when I asked how they arrived at their amount, and the fact that still had never provided me with a complete account number. (Only the last 4)

Recevied a reply from the BBB that basically said they don't get involved with debt collection disputes, but they would forward over the info to Asset for documentation.  This was about 3 days ago.  I received a notice from BBB today there was a message waiting.  I feared it was basically stating that they validated and tough cookies.

They FINALLY gave me the original amount of the CO in their response to the BBB, but still no account number.  Then the good news!!

"However,  AALLC  has been informed  by Bank of America  that additional  documents  that suppott  our claim  are  not  readily  available  at  this  time.  Although  we  consider  this  to  be valid  debt,  in  the  interest  of resolving,  AALLC  has decided  to cease  further collections  and  close  its file. AALLC  will also  request  the removal of its tradeline with the appropriate consumer repot1ing agencies regarding this matter."

Sweet!

I don't know my start scores, but low 500s. 6/2013

2/19/15
EQ FAKO - 638
EX FICO - 665
TU FICO - 697
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Asset Accaptance deleting!! BBB worked!!

Message 2 of 4
kstmommy
New Contributor

Congrats!! I hope to have the same luck soon with Asset!

Message 3 of 4
bmblbg
Regular Contributor

Yay!  You have defeated my nemesis!! LOL 

Congratulations!  They are a huge thorn in my side- I can't wait to have such great news to report! Smiley Happy

@Shokk wrote:

Wow!  Can't tell you how excited I am right now!  I filed a complaint with the BBB about Asset Acceptance not providing enough information.  They did legally validate, but nothing else when I asked how they arrived at their amount, and the fact that still had never provided me with a complete account number. (Only the last 4)

Recevied a reply from the BBB that basically said they don't get involved with debt collection disputes, but they would forward over the info to Asset for documentation.  This was about 3 days ago.  I received a notice from BBB today there was a message waiting.  I feared it was basically stating that they validated and tough cookies.

They FINALLY gave me the original amount of the CO in their response to the BBB, but still no account number.  Then the good news!!

"However,  AALLC  has been informed  by Bank of America  that additional  documents  that suppott  our claim  are  not  readily  available  at  this  time.  Although  we  consider  this  to  be valid  debt,  in  the  interest  of resolving,  AALLC  has decided  to cease  further collections  and  close  its file. AALLC  will also  request  the removal of its tradeline with the appropriate consumer repot1ing agencies regarding this matter."

Sweet!

Mortgage Scores:
11/26/2018 EQ: 542 EX: 610 TU: 548
8/30/2018 EQ: 571 EX: 504 TU: 533
7/30/2018: EQ: 598 EX: 591 TU: 608
4/5/2018 EQ: 543 EX: 522 TU: 467
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.