Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asset Acceptance - BBB or wait?

tag
AshCas
Regular Contributor

Asset Acceptance - BBB or wait?

I paid Asset Acceptance back on March 26th for an old charged off credit card they were collecting on (the OC agreed to delete the original TL so it's no longer reporting).

Anyway, that was 71 days ago - and Asset has still not updated my EQ report to reflect the account as paid. They updated the other two relatively quickly. I called EQ to ask if it was their (EQ's) reporting cycle that was causing the delay in updating, and they said that Asset has not reported anything to them since early March. Before the debt was paid, Asset updated EVERY month with a new balance. Now I've asked Asset to resubmit the information to EQ on a few different occasions, and it's STILL not updated.

Since I've tried to get Asset update the information, and they haven't, should I file a BBB complaint? or just wait a few more weeks for them to update? This is the only thing holding me up from going to apply for my mortgage. I've had to wait and it's screwing up my timeline.....

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Re: Asset Acceptance - BBB or wait?

What basis would there be for a complaint? Was the agreement in writing?

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 8
AshCas
Regular Contributor

The basis would be that they've failed to update the account information in a timely fashion - even though I've asked numerous times..

Message 3 of 8
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Have you tried calling and asking really, really, really sweet?

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Message 4 of 8
AshCas
Regular Contributor

Yep!

I called one woman on May 18th to get the dispute comment removed, and asked about it updating - she said it'd be updating "soon"..

I emailed another contact on May 24th, she never responded.

I emailed the customer service team on May 30th and they said it'd be "soon"....

Message 5 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

You can compel a specific period for response by sending them a direct dispute under FCRA 623(a)(8).  They have 30 days to complete their investigation and respond back to you.

Basis for the dispute would be FCRA 623(a)(2)(B), which requires that they "promptly" update information so as to maintain its accuracy.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

We're waiting on an Asset Acceptance delete on Equifax, too. The account was discharged in BK in 2009 and AA just bought the debt and reported it a couple months ago. It deleted from tjhe other bureaus fairly quickly after we called them, but it's still hanging on at Equifax. We got a delete letter from them and sent it in to Equifax. Not sure what's going on. Maybe, Asset Acceptance didn't pay their Equifax bill and they can't fix anything there. (Just a thought.) Whatever the reason, if it's not fixed soon, I'm going to bust a vein in my head and then call a lawyer.

Message 7 of 8
mtrsprt
Frequent Contributor

Asset Acceptance is THEE worst organization in history.......  Good luck.    Do a little research on them.  

Starting Score: 521 TU, 597 EQ, 574 EX on 6/20/2011
Current Score: 753 TU, 764 EQ, 766 EX on 02/17/2014
Goal Score: 720-740 Across the board

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.