Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asset Acceptance CA

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Asset Acceptance CA

Yep...$41.00.  Bad little surprise to me-we thought we paid our final bill when we moved out. 

I tried a PFD but they replied they do not delete once paid-only report it as paid. 

My question is regarding the "CO" reporting below and the fact it's reported as "installment".  Is this impacting my score?  Also-since it is an old energy bill that went to collection-is it valid that they report it as "installment" and a "CO" ?

Thanks again in advance!

ASSET ACCEPTANCE LLC 
 EquifaxTransUnionExperian
Account Type: 
  Installment 
Account Number: 
  XXXXXXXX
Payment Responsibility: 
    Individual 
Date Opened: 
    12/2007 
Balance Date: 
    02/2011 
Balance Amount: 
    $41 
Monthly Payment: 

High/Limit: 
    $37 
Account Status: 
    Collection 
Past Due Amount: 
  $41  
Comments: 
    ORIGINAL CREDITOR: XCEL ENERGY DBA NORTHERN STATE LAST PAID: LAST REPORTED DELINQUENCIES: 02/2011=I9,01/2011=I9 COLLECTION ACCOUNT  
  Hide Details

ASSET ACCEPTANCE LLC

PO BOX 2036
WARREN, MI-48090
(800) 614-4730

24-Month Payment History
Experian
COCONRNRNRNRCONRNRNRNRNRNRCONRNRNRNRNRNRNRNRNRNR
FebJanDecNovOctSepAugJulJunMayAprMarFebJanDecNovOctSepAugJulJunMayAprMar
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: Asset Acceptance CA

I cant see your part of your post.     You may have to cut and paste, your post again.Smiley Wink

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

LOL Ooops!  Thanks!

ASSET ACCEPTANCE LLC

Equifax TransUnion Experian

Account Type: Installment

Account Number: XXXXXXXX

Payment Responsibility: Individual

Date Opened: 12/2007

Balance Date: 02/2011

Balance Amount: $41

Monthly Payment: High/Limit: $37

Account Status: Collection

Past Due Amount: $41

Comments: ORIGINAL CREDITOR: XCEL ENERGY DBA NORTHERN STATE LAST PAID: LAST REPORTED DELINQUENCIES: 02/2011=I9,01/2011=I9 COLLECTION ACCOUNT

Hide Details ASSET ACCEPTANCE LLC PO BOX 2036 WARREN, MI-48090 (800) 614-4730

24-Month Payment History Experian

CO   CO   NR     NR    NR    NR      CO      NR NR NR NR  NR         NR CO   NR   NR NR       NR NR NR       NR  NR   NR    NR

Feb  Jan  Dec  Nov   Oct   Sep      Aug      Jul Jun May Apr  Mar       Feb Jan Dec   Nov Oct     Sep Aug Jul      Jun  May  Apr  Mar

11     11    10     10    10    10          10        10 10   10   10    10         10    10   09     09   09       09   09    09      09   09     09     09

Message 3 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Your CR is confusing, but I would not automatically attribute it to inaccurate reporting by the debt collector.  On first view, the problem may in fact be a very poorly formatted credit report that is intermixing OC and CA reporting.

Debt collectors dont report an account type of installment, a payment history profile, and they cant charge-off a debt.  All of these are from reportings done by the OC, and not the debt collector.  Additionally, if the date opened of 12/2007 was the date you opened services with the OC, once again, that is OC reporting.  The "Date Opened" for a collection is the date of assignment of collection authority to them.  I dont even see that reported.

It appears that your OC reported ever six months, rather than monthly. 

It appears that most, if not all, of the information listed reads like reporting by an OC, and not a debt collector.

Have you ordered your free CR from annualcreditreport.com?  If you have not, I suggest you do so before you begin disputing.  You need an accurate CR that lists dates under those who reported them.

Message 4 of 6
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Contact the OC, and see if you do in fact owe the $41.

If the bill is yours, ask the OC if they will accept payment and call back the CA.

If the debt was sold to Asset and they will not agree to a PFD,you can pay it then send GW letters.

On your CR's, does it say the date of removal for Asset?

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 5 of 6
ScoreBooster
Frequent Contributor

Oh yes, Asset Acceptance are a pain. In my case, they STARTED reporting after I already filed my CH7 BK. I disputed some of the reported info after my discharge. Thanks to their "verification", one of their accounts is now reported TWICE on Equifax and they are currently reporting a balance on the accounts IIB - although it was disputed.

Actually, I'm happy about it because they will get a CMRRR very shortly, telling them to delete all accounts or be sued for BK-code and FCRA-violations.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.