Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asset Acceptance GONE!!! Finally!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Asset Acceptance GONE!!! Finally!!!

This has been a 3 year battle with Asset Acceptance...Finally after working with the BBB, Michigan Attorney General's office and the legal Counsel at Asset Acceptance.

They called me today informing me that they have been working under policy for the last 3 years but will be closing and removing/deleting the tradeline in it's entirety immediately. Did want to add that I have read several posts on here about consumers dealing with this company for $200-300 dollars but let me tell you this...I just got my tradeline deleted from Asset Acceptance that was over $12k!!! YES!!! So it can be done!!! Now on to really rebuilding...

Does anyone know what kind of score increase I might see from a CA of this size being deleted? Opened 3/2009 Last Active Date was 6/2010 ...

Thanks for all the help I received here on the Forums...couldn't have done it without you!

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
jcstarkey8826
Established Contributor

Re: Asset Acceptance GONE!!! Finally!!!

I had a duplicate medical collection for over 7k removed and saw a 30 point jump. I also went the BBB route and today received response letter stating they were removing the original debt from all CRAs. Im curious to see what happens now that I have no collections, but no one really knows until it happens. Smiley Happy

In my wallet: Discover it 6800 CL, Capital One Quicksilver Sig 5k CL, Chase Freedom 4k CL, GCU Patinum Visa 1500 CL
Message 2 of 17
kobe2012
Established Contributor

Hi, i am new to this...what is a BBB? I have a collection account with Asset Acceptance and paid it in settlement on 2008.... I recently sent them a GW through email to remove the negatives they put on my report and they haven't responded ....

Starting Score: MYFICO 12/30/15 -TU: 481, EQ:561, EX:532 - BK7 DISCHARGED 12/2015 - Current: 09/01/2016 TU:642 EQ: 651 EX: 646
NFCU cashRewards:$6200 QS:$1500 Merrick:$1200 Cabelas:$1000 SonyVisa: $500 JCrew:$850 Overstock:$850 Express: $1050 PaypalCredit:$2150 NAVCHECK:$10K
Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

You will have a very tough time getting them to remove anything now that you have paid. But if you send a Better Business Bureau complaint reagrding a way in which they mis treated you or the situation you may have something there??

Message 4 of 17
annielorie
Valued Contributor

OP: Congrats!!! BBB is the Better Business Bureau.

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: TR??FICOEQ ?? FICO
Goal Score: 760

Lowes7,000 Discover More 2800. Jcpenny 6,000
Chase freedom 800 Never take NO for an answer!!
Message 5 of 17
jcstarkey8826
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

You will have a very tough time getting them to remove anything now that you have paid. But if you send a Better Business Bureau complaint reagrding a way in which they mis treated you or the situation you may have something there??

Right, I did not pay the debt as I was never giving validation of the debt. I refuse to pay when they cant say what Im paying for. In my case, they double reported this collection for years, I noticed it, but didnt know how to read the report, so I just assumed it was different in some way.

I filed a BBB complaint in regards to this and not receiving any debt validation and the fact that they were making my score much lower than it actually was, which can cost a person more interest, jobs, etc.

they deleted Smiley Happy

In my wallet: Discover it 6800 CL, Capital One Quicksilver Sig 5k CL, Chase Freedom 4k CL, GCU Patinum Visa 1500 CL
Message 6 of 17
UpmyscoreinFL
Frequent Contributor

Did you file online with BBB and how long did it take them to get back to you?  I filed a complaint too but a different collection agency.  Just curious how you guys filed.

Equifax my fico 629
Transunion my fico 669
Experian fako 663
Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I filed a complaint online with the BBB. Believe it or not just by dealing with the BBB I was able to get 4 CA deleted off of my CR's. Make sure your complaint has sufficient info for them to consider anything.

Message 8 of 17
UpmyscoreinFL
Frequent Contributor

I entered my complaint online a few days ago but did not get a response yet. How long should I wait?
Equifax my fico 629
Transunion my fico 669
Experian fako 663
Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Its hard to say. If its one of you only or your only in my expiernce it can be as much as 40 pts. HOWEVER, if you have several and more recent collections, it wont have as much as an effect. When it was oepned will be the issue at hand. I hate ASSET ACCEPTANCE. I had 2 items removes from them that were fraudulent. Once I battled for the first they erased both without my even mentioning the second one as I knew it belonged to me and planned to py it even though it was past the SOL. They are one of the worst in the nation! Good job!

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.